Sovereign: New Age - RP Topic

There is deep set suspicion in his eyes, and he looks around for Representative Vaughn. When said individual is absent, he looks back at you. “Y-yes, mercenary?”

3 Likes

“You and your own seem disturbed by that trap, may I ask why?” He asks, “and, please, call me Callen.”

2 Likes

“I- we- I didn’t expect that there would be such … mechanisms that are still functional after all these years …” He shudders, “Do you know what this city was capable of? Three cities in Granis were leveled in hours.”

1 Like

Callen nods, “And given the loot I sold from the storehouses and factories and what likely remains there, I imagine it could’ve done the same to many more but, fortunately for all of you, this city was brought down before it could do so.” He says. “Another plus side to the city falling is that the factories cannot manufacture stuff anymore and that means the stuff there is ripe for the taking.”

“This place is tough but, we now know to be on our toes and keep our eyes open so we don’t get caught off guard by more traps.” He adds.

“Your friend in the exo-suit seems scared of almost everything, what’s his story?” He asks, seeming genuinely worried for Iosif.

2 Likes

“It did enough.”

“Ah …” He lowers his voice, “He has a … deadly affliction. In his internal skeleton. The cage keeps him alive. Poor child, parents died during Achilles’ reign.”

2 Likes

Callen seems saddened by those words about Iosif’s condition, “So, it acts like life support for him.” He mutters.

“I’ll do my best to protect you guys, you are my team and, around here, safety and strength in numbers has a lot of advantages but that only pays off if everyone works together as a team.” He says. “I’ll guide this expedition to the storehouses and factories but it will take some time.”

2 Likes

“We are indebted to you, mercenary.” He turns away to address one of his aides.

1 Like

Despite their living lightbulb, it was hard to miss burst of flames. Hereward was far away enough to be safe, but moved back anyways. Not for fear of flames, but panic of the company. Best to stay out of their way and give them room to escape.

Hereward sighs, waiting to see if orders for charred corpse removal would be given. Though the call for just healers was a bit surprising. At least nothing dead yet. As he continues to wait and see how long it takes them to figure out a door, something dons on him.

“Torches. They said no torches because of gases. If there are other flame traps and they activate, we’ll all be cooking.” He says it loud enough for others outside his unit.

3 Likes

Callen nods, “A valid point.” He says, “If those are leaking gas, they can make things difficult.”

2 Likes

There are murmurs of consternation and agreement, and the Representatives exchange glances. Vaughn raises his voice for the entire company to hear.

“We’re not backing out now. Be careful what you touch and we’ll be fine. Keep a sharp nose.”

1 Like

“I agree, Aron.” Callen says.

2 Likes

The Verdant Paladin walks up to one of the medics - the one from the kingdoms - and says to them “do you have an burn ointment?”

2 Likes

The man is somewhat decrepit, and is missing his right eye and his left leg leg below the knee. It is instead replaced by a wooden stump. He reaches into his satchel and pulls out a glass vial.

“Naow, this’ll fix ye raht oop, ye young snap.” He applies the ointment roughly to your shoulder, and ties a bandage over it.

2 Likes

Kanei walks over to the Scholar’s medic, “got something for this?” He asks, holding out his arm.

3 Likes

The medic nods, and dresses your wound similarly to the way The Verdant Paladin’s was.

2 Likes

“Thank you” The Verdant Paladin says to the medic.

1 Like

“If we can’t get this door open, I recommend we find an alternate route to the storehouses and factories.” Callen says.

3 Likes

“I second that. And I never thought I’d say this, but this door could kill people. Hell it almost has.”

3 Likes

“That seems to be the theme of this place, though that shouldn’t be a surprise given that this place was considered impossible to break into before it fell.” Callen says.

3 Likes

I guess you’re right. But A Door came this close to killing us! Think about how absurd that seems. Like I know this is “The Fortress of death and all but… but I digress, Got any ideas?”

3 Likes