Spherus Magna: the hard reboot

I’ve been working on a pitch for Bionicle generation three but I’ve done enough I thought I’d want to show.

Kiina: a hyper and eccentric girl of the water clan who delves in tales of the old worlds to escape the brutalities of her planet. The tales she reads tell a description of when the worlds were one paradise and is often scolded for her “naive optimism”.

Thalli: the skrall were a barbaric race of Glatorian who lived by social darwinism and purged its own when they could carry their weight no longer. The shattering of the worlds did not change their ways but enforced it with the shame of defeat by Annona. The skrall adapted to be amphibious and bred a long line of warriors that ended in Thalli. With the destruction of the last communication tower, the skrall began to lose hope on defeating Annona which brought fear to Thalli who would now be considered useless and purged from the skrall. Defeating Annona is the only way she feels she can “redeem” herself.

Long ago, a monster of unspeakable power named Anonna, began siphoning the dreams and sleep of the spherus magnans and reducing them to food puppets. To protect the survivors, Samad and Velika used two robots to tear moon-sized chunks off the planet, bounding Annona to Bara Magna for she had no way to travel off world.
Kiina, our main character, is an Aqua magnan of the water clan and was born on the aquatic moon who is friends with Gresh, a Bota magnan of the future jungle tribe. Kiina and Gresh knew each other through satellite communications and were the last friends they had. The last tower falls and communications with the other planets discontinue so Kiina is granted with the perfect excuse to meet him.

Year One: Kiina must go through an aquatic skrall army that evolved to thrive on Aqua Magna like the Vorox on Bara Magna. She meets a female skrall named Thalli; a young soldier who was bred for the purpose of killing Annona and is bound to that purpose. The skralls have ancient GB technology but are unaware how to use it so the plan to scape it after the planet’s economy collapses. Kiina must team up with Thalli and get to the spaceships before the skrall scrap it for parts completely.

Year Two: Kiina and Thalli go to Bara Magna and meet up with Gresh who has been spending his years raising dinosaurs to fight Annona devotees called “The Dreamweavers”. The Dreamweaver were given small reality bending abilities akin to the boss monsters in Undertale. The Dreamweaver sets are themed around various official themes from Lego. One dreamweaver would be themed on Power miners and another themed on Ninjago.

If you have any questions or suggestions, do share please.

7 Likes

this honestly sounds really cool - tho i would be cool to if they also met other characters from other tribes!

1 Like

True but I was planning to have the characters meet the other tribes on the other planets. Say a majority of the earth, jungle, and vorox were stuck on Bota Magna while the water, ice and skrall were stuck on Aqua Magna and the fire and iron tribe were stuck on Bara Magna assisting each other to fight Annona.

2 Likes

Ooh this sounds cool. It’ll be interesting to see where you go with this…

1 Like