Spider-Thomas MK1

The Island of Sodor is corrupt to the core Raiden…the tracks need to be pulled up…

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Had this idea for a while now, he’s labelled MK1 as I reckon he already needs a redo lol. Feel free to give a like on Flickr :}

must say it was a mission making a topic, the formatting on the edit window was completely scuffed :cry:

19 Likes

Fueling the mother of all trains here Jack, can’t fret over every lump of coal

5 Likes

He finally arrives :sunglasses:

I like the insect-esqe feet on the… six-legged spider :imp: we’re getting Bionicle rules on this one it seems. Rather than just giving him creepy-crawly limbs, you’ve actually made them all look like Thomas himself, so they feel like an actual part of his body.

Very nice work with this one, been waiting for its arrival for a long time. Keep up the good work!

6 Likes

I wish I had thought of a quote like that :joy:

Thomas is a 0-3-0 train, so giving him strictly six legs was important to me and same with making them mechanical instead of the creepy look. Yeah, this is the first of a backlog of Mocs so hopefully more will come.

6 Likes

I always like to see Duplo integration in MOCs, and you’ve matched the colour distribution of the legs with the printed Duplo parts really well.

5 Likes

Man, it’s been so long since you first started working on this guy. I remember him popping up in the background of a bunch of different WIPs, so it’s great to see him completed.

very nice

8 Likes

cinders and ashes

Well this is certainly well-done for what it is. (terrifying) The detail on the legs is neatly integrated and I like the overall design. nice job!

4 Likes

I am coming in here with no foreknowledge or context. All I know is thank you for creating my new idol.

5 Likes