Spirit of the Mist

I got a new computer/drawing tablet last week, so I figured it was high time I tested it out, and I could think of no better subject than Krika. By far my favorite G1 villain because of his tragic moral ambiguity, fantastic quotes, and great looking set (in my opinion), I put him in his non-mutated form in the Leaders picture of the Brotherhood of the Makuta project. However, I’d never made a serious attempt at drawing his (fiendishly complicated due to all the spikes) mutated form until now. I’m quite pleased with it.

103 Likes

amazing krika art dude

4 Likes

Oh man this is so good. The colors, the details, the misty atmosphere and even the feel of the background. Highly impressive.

5 Likes

this is great. it all works so well. i love the contrast between the smooth colours and shapes of the trees compared to krikas sharp edges and colours

4 Likes

This is awesome!

2 Likes

That head is really good.
It captures the atmosphere of the year, and it’s amazing.

2 Likes

Whoa that is AMAZING
I can’t describe what makes it amazing

Because everything about it does; the shading, the detailing, the fog

I’m gonna faint

4 Likes

Alone a Toa soon becomes the prey.

Very spooky drawing.

2 Likes

Those eyes…so hungry…for vengeance.

2 Likes

Krika seems to have the best fan art.

3 Likes

Heck yeah Krika.

Excellent work.

3 Likes

All of this is yes. So much yes. Yes.

2 Likes

Its everyones favorite makuta!

I love how who looks here, its amazing, This art style is better than that used in the actual comics.

3 Likes

im going to agree with everyone else here, this is some really nice artwork of, possibly the best looking Makuta set in Bionicle.

2 Likes

Ya know, even when I didn’t know anything about Bionicle, and all I ever saw where the adds and the McDonald’s toys, I always thought Krika was super awesome.

1 Like

Oh dear, I need to find my jaw, probably hit the center of the earth by now…

2 Likes

Did you just assume my Makuta?

6 Likes

This really does Krika justice. The murky atmosphere is wonderfully executed and contrasts nicely with the sharp appearance of Krika.

2 Likes

This is so bloody amazing looking. I really like it, just everything about it works so well and looks fantastic. Great work. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks all! :grin:

Dark and creepy? Tainted by dashed hopes and dreams at the machinations of a tyrant? Foul and unpleasant?

I mean, he was #1 in TTV’s top ten Makuta video…

4 Likes