Splitface/Corroder Combo

Here is yet another combination build. I personally am a big fan of combination models, hence why I’ve made at least four of my own. However, this one is different from Akamai. Why? Because he doesn’t use just or entirely pieces from either model, except for very defining ones, such as original masks & color scheme.

The backstory, if there has to be one, is what would happen if the Hero Factory Villains Corroder and Splitface broke into Makuhero Tower and tried to use the upgrade chambers. They fused because they used the same chamber.
The main premise for this build was just to combine two HF enemies that I owned, even if I didn’t use all their pieces. I only used half of Splitface’s mask, because I liked the look it gave to him. Under no circumstances was I going to cut Corroder’s mask in half & glue it on the other side.

I built these back limbs as just cosmetics/armor, since all they do is (theoretically) shoot his secondary chemical, whatever it is. They can point as well as move down, to be out of sight if not being currently used.

This is where Corroder’s mask got to, in case you were wondering. It makes wonderful back armor, even with the horn sticking out.

Easily attached to the back.

This is his secondary chemical claw. If he grabs anything, he can inject them with it. I know this isn’t my own design, and I couldn’t seem to find who made it first, or if Bionicle or a moccer created it, so I hope they don’t mind.

This, however, is my pride & joy of the build. The cosmetics went very well, better than planned. The red pin on the tip of the Nynrah Ghost Blaster is held on with an axle threaded through all the way to the back, held in place by friction with a bushing. The other barrels attached will be seen soon.

Simple construction, well hid by the shoulder armor hinged on the sides of the blaster. & yes, That is a butchered Hordika neck. I got some old Bionicle sets from my cousin, who was a bit abusive to them. Those neck pieces were already broken, so I just sanded the side where the ball joint used to be and smoothed it out.

Yes, this is basically the same gun arm as used on Evo, but it helps with the aesthetic, and is something the upgrade chamber would likely have done.

The gun open almost looks like it’s charging up when it’s open, and I like how it looks.

Thank you for taking the time to view my posts. My next few mocs will not be terribly impressive in build quality, since they were still made in the beginning of my experience in moccing. Go ahead and judge them, but I won’t be making any improvements anytime soon.
Have a great rest of your weekend!

26 Likes

I like it.

1 Like

Still looks really cool, man!

The gun is by far my favorite part! Would be cool to see a MOC with that as a hand cannon or something!

1 Like

The gun id the best part. The moc is pretty basic

I like it. It’s simple yet effectively represents what you’re going for. While I understand not wanting to cut a mask, I do wonder how the half and half would look. The gun is also a great build, though does seem a bit bulky, though maybe a bulky gun is what you were going for. :+1: