Star Wars Anthology Films (Minor Rogue One Spoilers)

So is this a Star Wars spin off? Interesting, all though I know almost nothing about it…

Why are there no aliens amongst the crew? Thought that was part of Star Wars - that multiple races co-existed? Or is it set long before the prequels?

5 Likes

I hope they don’t bring him back. Putting him as a villain in Rogue One would be one thing, but bringing him back in the post-ROTJ era is something I do not want to see. Sure, his death was…underwhelming…but quite honestly, he’s an overrated character to begin with, and he doesn’t really deserve any other fate. I don’t want to see him come blasting out of the Sarlacc and then somehow become part of the overarching story–he’s a minor villain, and he shouldn’t be brought back.

Oh, and that picture of Rogue One looks pretty cool. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s between RotS and ANH. Actually, I’ve written a little essay about racism in the Star Wars universe, especially that of the Republic/Empire.

3 Likes

Gahd, too much new stuff is like that, but, I get it. A lot happened then.

So shouldn’t there be aliens?

You should write about the sexism also if you are going to deconstruct the films

2 Likes

Oh? Who is this odd little fella? You know, I remember a guy from Star Wars that looked like him…

His name was Biggs Darklighter, a friend of Luke Skywalker. He was in a (still-canon) deleted scene from A New Hope. He talked about how he was visiting Luke for his last goodbyes as he became part of the Rebel Alliance…

Could the mustached guy above be Biggs Darklighter? If so, that means we may get more backstory on him, and it’ll make his loss in A New Hope in the Battle of Yavin a whole lot more sad.

5 Likes

I think that would be an excellent time to develop his character. It is needed even more once we take into account his random entrance in the re-released versions of “A New Hope”, as we received one previously deleted scene, but not the other, with his original introduction.

You mean the atrocious Jabba one? Yeah. I didn’t like that one. Should have put the one with Biggs instead. It would have been better. I mean, it wouldn’t add too much to the run-time.

1 Like

Ohh, me and my words. :expressionless:
I meant the “introduction of Biggs” right before the Battle of Yavin, where we see Luke catching up with him. That scene wasn’t in the original movie.

Oh, that one. Yeah, I remember seeing that in the re-releases. That was a nice inclusion, but they really should have put the other parts with Biggs. I mean, we see they’re friends, but I feel the deleted scene makes their chemistry work even better.

2 Likes

I think the Re-Release team hoped that we would just automatically understand that they were friends, but we never really got to see the two play off of each other.

So, who thinks the film will have a sort of cliche where the entire team, besides one member, is killed off, trying to get the message to the Rebels?

1 Like

Probably will be the complete opposite of the prequels. Looks like it’ll be dark and gritty,with excellent acting. I just think that it’ll be hard to find a new Tarkin without Peter Cushing. I hope to see more ■■■■■■ Empire stuff like the battle that was mentioned in the title crawl of Star Wars (og ftw).

4 Likes

So… Now that Star Wars 7 has been released and people have discussed pretty much all they can for it, I still hope we get more info on Rogue One.

It comes out in December of next year, so hooray for that I guess. (Such a long wait.)

1 Like

A fresh take on the Star Wars Universe, count me in. Hope its good, as always.

1 Like

Get hype people!

3 Likes

Finally! Now to wait until tommorow.

Did I just watch a trailer for a trailer?

1 Like

Full teaser.

10 Likes

Oh dang. Is that the same lady who played Mon Mothma in Episode III?

Also, this looks like a movie for Battlefront. Pretty neat.

3 Likes