Star Wars: Stranded on Zoma V - Sign Ups (OPEN)/OOC Chat

Correct.

1 Like

So I’m not GM, but

This is Bunnying.

My bad, I didn’t even know there was a proper term for that.

1 Like

I mean, yes it is, but as far as bunnying goes, I’d say this is a pretty critically minor offense. Still, it’s best to avoid.

1 Like

Um, I thought the main issue with that post would be that it’s pretty blatantly an autohit, of sorts. Like playing GM - “we do it and we succeed at it”.

2 Likes

There’s also a little bit of godmodding since you’ve basically said what the end result of the character’s attempted action is with an obstacle GM-controlled - the elevator ceiling giving way, which should be left up to the GM on when or if it relents.

However I’m not one to complain without a solution. Definitely don’t use this word for word, but you could try something like this:

st*upid son of mine and his typing faster and intelligence and ugh smh smh

1 Like

That’d definitely be the bigger issue here imo, and yeah what Ghid said would have been better, but honestly, in this particular case it’s a tiny thing and not something to worry about. Part of the RP learning experience.

2 Likes

Also, whether or not there was a metal beam to find should be a GM thing as well. But I just needed an excuse to quote the rp how to topic in more ooc topics so it looks like it’s being used obviously nobody’s gravely offended by this; it’s very inconsequential and is helping us attain even more writing power.

Prowess. I said prowess.

2 Likes

In all fairness, I made it clear that Bravebird was going to help Quips, and it would’ve been rather clunky to write Bravebird’s perspective on the exact same action, as your solution implied:

So, I suppose that I gave permission to @Brickbot99 to have my character act.

cough

5 Likes

@TheMOCingbird I’m thinking Mr. Boom-Boom should have at least a little something for close combat. You good with him grabbing that pistol?

2 Likes

That’s fine by me.

1 Like

could it be assumed that Duke’s group is approaching the back end of the hangar by now?

1 Like

Yeah, we’re coming up on it. And sorry for the slowness of posts lately, I just don’t want one group getting too far ahead of the other ones. I’m still trying to figure out timing like that.

3 Likes

Would it be better for me to write Graphite’s action now, or after you resolve Saddle’s throw? I don’t want to move things so fast that we collectively autohit.

2 Likes

Go ahead and post now.

1 Like

rip in peace

1 Like

Oh.

I’ll get on that. Has been a crazy week

what do you mean it’s Monday no shut up

4 Likes

Acknowledged, going to wait for more replies from other players before I reply to this so that we don’t run too far ahead of everyone else.

2 Likes