Star Wars: Stranded on Zoma V

Sloppily catching the helmet and putting it on, Legacy tapped into emergency comms and radioed out:

“This is CT-2904, location bunk room cresh. I am trapped, and Captain Duke is injured. Requesting assistance”

3 Likes

Rook headed down to the origin point of Captain duke’s voice pushing past bit’s and pieces of the once great Harbinger making use of his newly acquired vibroblade whenever necessary until he finally had arrived at the crew quarters. 'What seems to be the problem here, sir?"

2 Likes

Of course. The Jedi would be of great assistance and was nowhere to be found.
“Good, seems like nothing too bad so far! Well, besides the ship being crashed… Hey!” In the chaos, the others had neglected to notice a rocket launcher lying on the ground covered in debris. He picked it up. It wasn’t his, not that it mattered, but it would do.

2 Likes

Duke nodded toward the fallen bunk.

“That.” He replied dryly.

4 Likes

“blast it, of course we’re rescued by a runner” Legacy mumbled.

“get me out of here, let me get my gear, and then help Duke. He needs medical attention.”

2 Likes

Once they got the young Jedi out from the debris so Wannabee could do a better examination, Quips climbed up and surveyed the surrounding area with his rifle, he could vaguely see what might be the Droid base in the distance, and a lake.

Water, why is that reminding me of–

“Hey, has anyone seen Buoy?”

2 Likes

The first two times could have been a side effect of the ship falling apart. This third, weaker sound was intentional. Sensing that the source of the banging was in fact another clone rather than an enemy, Saddle dropped to his knees and began clearing away debris.

Saddle stopped briefly upon receiving this message. Raising his fingers to his helmet’s earpiece, he responded: “Understood. I am currently rescuing another trooper, and I will be on my way.”

Saddle continued to pull away the plating, hoping to find a still-breathing clone under it.

3 Likes

Hearing this come through the comms, Legacy relaxed a bit at the sound of Saddle’s voice. “Saddle, we’ve got a runner who found us, so assistance is no longer immediately necessary. Duke may not be able to make it to the hangar, so aid would be appreciated when you can make it here”

1 Like

“Negative, soldier. We have all the help we need here. Rescue the trooper you’re with now, and report toward the end of the ship.”

Duke shot Legacy a glance. “I said it was nothing soldier. Now let’s move this blasted bunk.”

Nodding to Rook, Duke prepared to lift again. @N01InParticular

4 Likes

“yessir”

3 Likes

“I think this could be handled in an easier way, sir.”

Rook retrieved his vibrosword and activated it once more, the ember white glow it gave off somewhat brightening the surrounding area. “This won’t take but a few minutes, sir.” the clone responded as he cut through the wreckage with Shelia, the name he’d given to the weapon in the past few minutes since he discovered it. “Once we’re done here, Captain, we’ll see if we can get you to a medical droid.” Rook considered adding "provided one survived the crash” but such a comment would not only be unwelcome, but perhaps disrespectful.

5 Likes

Falling, that’s what he was trained for, falling. Not crashing.

At least, not this type of crash. There aren’t too many procedures for surviving a capital ship crashing into the planet’s surface. If he had the chance, he would have tried jumping out of the ship, but the reentry heat said no. As good luck, for once, would have it, he didn’t need that escape jump.

But maybe that would have been nicer.

Buoy wakes up, breathing heavy. Feeling wet, he instantly flailed about, trying to go up before his limbs hit metal walls. He lets out a half-swear, biting down into an angry grunt like someone stubbing their toe. Eyes clinched from the pain, Buoy opened them back up to look at his surroundings and himself.

I’m not drowning? Not drowning!

He almost throws a fist into the air before remembering the flail pain. His joy faltering to his new reality.

“Oh no,” he droned. That’s right, we crashed.

He remembered heading for a spot to brace himself and was awake until impact. Might have received a concussion. Something knocked him out, if only shortly. Hopefully just shortly.

Buoy tries moving, repositioning from his odd sitting position. The space in this coffin was small, but like any crawlspace, had enough to reposition. He crawls his way out, following the only path available until out in the light.

After checking for enemy forces, he tumbles out and climbs back to his feet. The worst part when your ship gets wrecked is figuring out what part you ended up with. And with wreckage everywhere, it didn’t help. In looking for a marker, any indicator to determine position, he finds a white arm. Someone crushed under a chunk.

“Brother?!” He calls and rushes over, but upon checking them finds they were flatten.

A harsh breath escapes him and then Buoy notices the blaster nearby. Realizing he no longer had weapons on him, he picked up the rifle.

“I’m sorry brother, but I’ll be needing this. You’ll get them next time.”

With some further searching, he finds a couple more grenades and then his coms go off.

“This is CC-2897 to any surviving GAR personnel. Any surviving Republic forces, please respond.”

“I read you CC-2897. This is Cap-agh-Captain Duke. All forces, leave the ship, Immedi-augh, immediately.”

“Copy, commander. My position is around main hangar. Standing by to assist.”

Hearing his brothers voices causes him to smile. Yes, he wasn’t the only one! There is a pause in communication, Buoy waiting to hear if others call in before Captain Duke called again.

“I repeat, all units, get out of the Harbinger . Rendezvous at the front of the ship.”

Or perhaps not. With that order, Buoy starts making his way out. Once further enough out of the ship, he thinks he knows where the front is now. As he heads for it, he hears another brother chime on coms.

“This is CT-2904, location bunk room cresh. I am trapped, and Captain Duke is injured. Requesting assistance”

“Understood. I am currently rescuing another trooper, and I will be on my way.”

“Negative, soldier. We have all the help we need here. Rescue the trooper you’re with now, and report toward the end of the ship.”

To the end? Is that still the front or… Buoy wonders. He finally opens up coms to ask.

“This is CT-8604 reporting in sir. Am I still to head for the front of the ship or another end captain?”

5 Likes

once the weight of the bunk was gone, Legacy tried to stand, failed twice, then shakily headed towards where his gear was flung during the crash. Grabbing his equipment belt and straightening his helmet, Legacy asked Duke “What are your orders sir?” “Also, thanks Runner, I owe you one this time.” Legacy said with no small amount of salt in his voice.

2 Likes

“We make for the front end of the ship. Keep your ears sharp, there could be others trapped like us, but most importantly, keep moving. This whole dang ship could come down any moment.” Duke replied, beginning to walk briskly along the right side of the corridor, keeping one hand on the wall.

“The front end soldier. And it’s good to know we aren’t the only ones.” Duke responded for anyone within range, who would likely include Quips if he was listening @Brickbot99 .

4 Likes

“Understood. May we stop by an armory on the way down? I am currently unarmed”
Flicking on his helmet comms, Legacy reports “This is CT-2904, Duke and I are mobile, heading to the rendezvous, and we have another trooper in tow”

2 Likes

The plating above Graphite seemed to open to empty air, because he could hear someone moving above him. A little bit of relief flowed through him, but it wasn’t over yet. He strained upward with his arms … up … the white plate, a half-cylinder shape, seemed to fly off with unexpected force, flipping over onto its side with the combined efforts - or at least the better efforts - of both clones. Graphite coughed, his eyes meeting Saddle’s.

“The girder …” He began to heave upwards on it, not trying to slide out from underneath it for fear of crushing his leg.

5 Likes

Rook nodded and deactivated Shelia, the slight shaking and white glow emanating from the sword faded like a distant sunset, alas the droids had no appreciation for how magnificent of a weapon the Vibrosword truly was.

“Copy that.” Rook responded as he began silently following the captain

3 Likes

“Thank you sir, on it.” Buoy called back and resumes heading for the front, taking a light jog to get there.

5 Likes

Quips climbed down from his vantage point and walked back to the others.
“Bravebird, Wannabee, get the kid on her feet, I picked up a message from the Captain, we need to head to the front of the ship. I tried responding, but my communicators only picking up signals, it’s not sending them out.”

3 Likes

Well, this was a good start. Already people were ignoring when he asked questions. Hopefully this Captain would be a a bit more useful.

Wannabe extended a hand to the Jedi apprentice. “We need to go now.”

2 Likes