Star Wars: Stranded on Zoma V

Rook nodded and deactivated Shelia, the slight shaking and white glow emanating from the sword faded like a distant sunset, alas the droids had no appreciation for how magnificent of a weapon the Vibrosword truly was.

“Copy that.” Rook responded as he began silently following the captain

3 Likes

“Thank you sir, on it.” Buoy called back and resumes heading for the front, taking a light jog to get there.

5 Likes

Quips climbed down from his vantage point and walked back to the others.
“Bravebird, Wannabee, get the kid on her feet, I picked up a message from the Captain, we need to head to the front of the ship. I tried responding, but my communicators only picking up signals, it’s not sending them out.”

3 Likes

Well, this was a good start. Already people were ignoring when he asked questions. Hopefully this Captain would be a a bit more useful.

Wannabe extended a hand to the Jedi apprentice. “We need to go now.”

2 Likes

“N-no. No. We aren’t leaving. We can’t leave without Viego.” Some strength seemed to return to her as she grabbed the droid’s hand, pulling herself to her feet.

“He was, he was with me. On the bridge. He’s somewhere in there.” He has to be. Tesz took a wobbly step toward the back of the overturned bridge. He was here. She could feel it…

2 Likes

“Open comms.” Wannabe said to Quips. “I need the Captain on the line.”

There was a serious discrepancy. Tesz Nel’Sha was technically the rank of Commander, which gave her authority over the Captain. But if her status in any way compromised her ability to perform he had to know so the Captain could keep her in one location. Sending here out while she was so visibly rattled had to be avoided, if it could.

What mattered now was stalling her long enough to get some clarity from someone who actually had programming of military protocol. “You are in no current condition to engage.” Wannabe said. “General Viego Norr would not approve of your venturing in this state.”

2 Likes

“No can do Doc.” Quips stated, gesturing to a large scratch in the side of his helmet. “Like I said, I’ve been receiving signals fine, but so far all my attempts to respond haven’t gone through. Bravebird, Boomstick are either of your communicators working properly?”

1 Like

“I have to agree with the Commander on this. We should find General Norr before we meet with the other survivors at the rendezvous point.” Bravebird said. “His condition may be critical, so I believe we should start searching the wreckage as quickly as possible.”

3 Likes

“Please, he’s in there, somewhere.” Tesz responded, punctuating her statement with a hoarse cough.

She gave the pilot a grateful nod before taking another step deeper into the looming bridge.

3 Likes

You cannot even pretend? For five seconds?

A very quick motor check confirmed his leg compartment did house his circular saw arm, with which he vividly imagined cutting off Quips’ fingers and toes.

“I understand I do not possess proper military rank, but I still request-”

“Commander Tesz Nel’Sha, I do not consider it wise to press on in your current condition.” He responded to the Jedi Padawan leaning on his arm. “Your condition should be stabilized before-”

Wannabe turned his head towards Bravebird, getting desperate from the multiple points of attack. “I do not consider it wise for us to endanger the Commander’s safety by-”

Interrupted yet again, Wannabe pushed himself forward to keep up with Tesz and provide support. He turned his head around to continue arguing, but all he could see was hood.

“We-”

She would likely continue struggling forward and he would likely continue gesturing with indecision as she did so.

5 Likes

“Okay Doc, how about this; Bravebird and Boomstick can go look for the Commander or anyone else who might be alive in that ship, while you and I stay here and keep Tesz off her feet. While were at it I can go back to my vantage point and keep watch in case any Confed’s start heading in our direction so that way we have some time to get the Kid to safety. Sorry for interrupting you by the way.”

Quips looked to Tesz.

“Don’t worry Kid, if there’s one thing I know is that Jedi can perform and survive some pretty amazing things, I’d bet anything that General Norr is alive and well. Now tell us again, where was it you last saw your master?”

3 Likes

Duke nodded. “Good thinkin, Legacy, was it?”

“He was on the bridge, that much I know. Giving orders, but…” Tesz looked up, and remembered.

Jedi General Viego Norr was on a bridge, just not on the bridge currently touching the ground.

“I was on the left side, and he was on the right…” She balled her fists as she stared up at the sideways bridge hanging out over them. “We need to get up there, somehow.”

3 Likes

All of this idea was horrible.

Assuming the Captain did not violently disapprove of this whole maneuver, it would mean abandoning all of the possibly still living troopers and ship personnel in the maintenance chambers of the ship to go after one Jedi. Not that it wasn’t a worthy cause, but Wannabe still had to answer to his superiors for whatever actions he took.

…Although, no matter what happened, as long as he remained with the albeit minimally wounded padawan, he could always say he was simply following medical protocol and staying with the injured to provide care. That would be a bit extreme if said padawan decided to go climbing all around through a broken elevator shaft or something, but there was little chance of him convincing the padawan not to go at this point.

And no, apologizing wasn’t going to convince him to un-imagine the dismemberment of Quips’ digits. It felt satisfying at the time, even if it meant he would have to reattach them or replace them with artificial ones later. And then probably get dismantled. It was a nice thought while it lasted, anyway.

“I must remain with the wounded.” He finally answered. “If the confederate forces approach, it will take them some time to reach the furthest bridge, which means it is the safest place for the Commander.” His head rotated to emphasize all the looking he was supposedly doing in the direction of the remaining debris. “It would be a wise maneuver to find the most survivors possible in the event the Confederate forces launch an attack, and to reconvene with the Captain. I will-”

He suddenly let go of Tesz and pulled something out of the rubble. It was a blaster, his blaster, and the clip was full. “I will ensure her safety at all costs.”

3 Likes

“yeah, they call me that 'cause I didnt jump to phase II, or start using the new RPC-2s, I prefer my old gear.”

“I’ve been around for a while, my rookie mission was as a part of Lightning Squadron on Ryloth, where I served under Commander Ponds”

3 Likes

Tesz stared at the bridge. The elevators wouldn’t work, seeing as the section they were currently on was on its side. It might be possible to scale the side of it, but that would be dangerous and take time, and Tesz was in no condition to make that climb right now.

She glanced around at the others. “Any ideas?” She asked in a drained voice. @Brickbot99 @TheCobaltCorsair @GoodGuy2006 @Ghid

“Well, good to know it won’t be just shinies I have to babysit out here.” Duke said as they continued down the corridor.

“All units, status report.” He called out over comms. @ajtazt @Keplers (And Bravebird or Boomstick would probably receive this message too)

6 Likes

OOC: Nice typo

4 Likes

“It wouldn’t be easy, but we might be able to navigate the hallways, even though the ship is on its side,” Bravebird suggested. “While the turbolifts are probably out, there should be maintenance corridors that have access to the bridge.”

As he finished speaking, he heard something over his commlink.

All units, status report.

It was the Captain. Bravebird couldn’t believe that he never checked the commlink in his own helmet. “I’m receiving a communication from the Captain,” he announced.

Bravebird attempted to send a reply and, to his surprise, the transmitter still worked. “This is CT-15-0663, Bravebird reporting. Quips, Boomstick, and I have found Commander Tesz,” He responded. “Oh, and Wannabe is here, too. The Commander believes that she knows where General Norr is, and we were about to start searching. Should we proceed with the search, or meet at the designated rendezvous point?”

4 Likes

“Get your rears to the rendezvous point. We have no idea when this whole wreck might come down, and I don’t intend to have us go with it.” Duke barked over the comms for anyone tuned in to hear.

“At this point, any time we waste looking for others will just assure our own deaths. Now get moving.”

As if on queue, a loud creaking could be heard echoing from the back engine area, almost like bending metal…

2 Likes

Bravebird exhaled deeply. Were they really going to give up on the General?

“The Captain wants us to get to the rendezvous point, as he believes that continuing the search could be dangerous. However, as our Commander, it’s technically your call,” he said to Tesz, though he assumed that he already knew what the response would be.

2 Likes

OOC: I’ll be responding in several hours. I’ve been pulling (and still am pulling) a 24-hour stint at work. Just wanted to explain why I’m not keeping pace with the RP right now.

3 Likes