Star Wars The Bad Batch

I would’ve expected this discussion to be taking place in the Star Wars topic.

I found the finale to be for the lack of better word “meh”

I think finale just reused the dialogue and character points from penultimate episode. They could have been easily made into 1 h finale. I liked Omega beign proactive during the episode. But conclusion with Crosshair and the gang felt very unfullfilling.
I find myself left wanting something more, SW rebels left the audience with a very good clifhangers that made me want to see more. Especially the s1 finale after they showed vader and tano! actually s2 did that too. Having Nala se visit a mountain is not interesting. (I tought it was mount tantiss, but the scientist woman didn’t say so I assume it is not.
All in all Omega did become a more proactive character as I hoped, but I do not think the CF 99 is strong enough character wise to hold my interest. Most interesting episode was the one on ryloth. Bad batch only made a cameo on it.

1 Like

So like

I feel like the finale incapsulated everything wrong with this show. There are really well choreographed, animated, and intense action scenes, that are then resolved disappointingly easily. I feel like the finale just turned that into an overarching thing, instead of an episodic one.

Overall, I’d say the show was entertaining. A little bit disappointing, though.

2 Likes

Weird ending. I really don’t think it made sense for Crosshair not to rejoin his old crew. From a writing perspective, his “arch” should be done with now that the season is over. It feels like season 2 is going to just recycle the idea of Crosshair being the antagonist, which doesn’t make sense.

I wanted a bit more action for the final. When I saw the see monster I got excited cause I thought it was gonna be like the movie underwater where they gotta walk across the sea floor or something. But it what we got was ok. Overall good show but most of the episodes seemed a bit to watered down for me. It had a few dark moments but they were few and far between.

Is it just me or did anyone else hate how they just became Erin boys for Sid the lizard person.

1 Like

I agree, the finale part 2 was kind of unnecessary. I think they could’ve used the time they had much better.

While I wouldn’t use the phrase watered down, I see what you mean. Some of the episodes are unmemorable to the point I’ve literally forgotten. (I now remember them, and regret it.) Fennec just existed to negate the existence of Bane, which sucks. Don’t get me started on the Martinez sisters.

Wish we could’ve seen more of Crosshair interacting with his squad, or him killing more people in cold blood, as those were some of my highlights.

Sid was just a catalyst. A lot of characters could’ve filled that role, and we just ended up with her. It was strange how irrelevant she was for last few episodes though.

Oh the bloody Martinez sisters. I almost stopped watching after their episode. But thankfully Rex showed up for the next one after that so it kinda made up for it.

1 Like

Season 2 is premiering on January 4th

2 Likes