Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I gotta agree about the eye-candy part! As for the trailer, it didn’t get me hyped any more than I already have.

I actually teared up at this one

neither of the other trailers did that for me

1 Like

That trailer was just…beautiful. My hype is reaching maximum levels, and I can’t wait until the release. And I guess I’m the only one who actually likes Kylo’s voice. :confused:

My only fear is with the new “Death Star”…I really, really hope it’s role is minimal in the story.

3 Likes

I’m hoping that’s the case, too.

In fact, I’m hoping the rebels loose at the end of the movie so we anticipate for the next movie and see how the battle wages on!

4 Likes

I nearly cried when I saw this latest trailer

The music is beautiful. And the cinematography is amazing.

7 Likes

This trailer… It’s beautiful…

I felt shivers when I watched it. I am so excited.

I don’t know about you guys, but I think it’d be really funny if at one point they mentioned medichlorians and then Luke says something like “That was but a myth created by the Sith years ago”

4 Likes

Yes. This is the biggest thing with me in that trailer. That music is astonishingly amazing, and I really hope it plays in the movie proper.

2 Likes

Eh, I feel that’s overdone. Especially in SW.

1 Like

I knew it! It had to be this!

People keep talking about Luke’s absence from the trailer makes him Kylo Ren, but we haven’t seen C-3PO, so I think this is a better alternative.

Honestly, that Luke-is-Kylo-Ren theory has gotten very popular, but it makes no sense. Not only is Adam Driver playing the role of Kylo Ren, his black hair is clearly visible in the trailer. Hamill doesn’t have long, flowing black hair. He has a beard and short hair. I posted this to show how flawed the logic was in that theory.

If anything, Luke is being kept a secret so when we see him, it’s all exciting and whatnot.

5 Likes

Wait, is this confirmed, or is it a theory?

2 Likes

The “Luke-is-Kylo-Ren” thing is just a misinformed theory, nothing more.

3 Likes

@Chronicler Remember, Darth Vader had 3 actors in the edited version of RotJ. One for the voice, one for the ghost, and one actually in the suit. Kylo Ren could be the same.

I think when Kylo Ren has black hair and the actor is much taller anyways, I’m pretty sure it’s a different person. Not to mention Luke turning to the dark side would contradict everything Luke stood for in Return of the Jedi.

Do I need to mention that Kylo Ren thinks Darth Vader is some guy who wanted to destroy the rebellion? Luke would know better. He SAW his father destroyed the sith. It would make absolutely NO sense for Luke to “finish what you had started” when Luke knows Darth Vader never wanted to bring back the sith or whatever mumbo jumbo Ren wants to do.

In short, anyone who thinks Kylo Ren is Luke needs to remember that Luke even almost had himself killed by Palpatine because he was loyal to the light side of the force. If you guys think he’d do all of that in vain… You got another thing coming.

(Also, Vader’s ghost and the one we see dying at the end of ROTJ are one in the same. Don’t give me that Special Edition crud. I grew up with the VHS! Thus, Vader has only had three actors, instead of the four (you are forgetting Mr. Shaw as the Vader without the mask). But there’s no reason for Ren to be that way, at least none that I can think of.)

5 Likes

I had one idea involving a “puppeteer” style set-up, but it’s really just fanticizing. Other than that, good point.

(Also, I thought Shaw was still in the suit and without the mask. Making there be only two Vaders in RotJ.)

Yeah, Vader had two actors in Jedi: David Prowse and Sebastian Shaw, Shaw being the older version of “Anakin Skywalker” but I still view him as Vader because he still wears the suit.

Although Christensen also wore the suit a little in ROTS, Prowse was the guy who wore the suit for the majority of the Star Wars films, while James Earl Jones provided his voice (which I also consider playing Darth Vader, because there would be no Vader without James Earl Jones.)

1 Like

There are BTS pictures of them filming scenes of kylo with his helmet off. I feel like that would disprove the luke theory pretty blatantly.

http://i.imgur.com/YTgiXzp.jpg

6 Likes

he is in the hasbro toy it shows BB8 in his x wing.
i think he’s the real jedi here, call me racist if you like but to me boyega is not a good actor and does not fit as a jedi feel as if his lightsaber was purple it’d be a bit better instead of dull old blue, anyone else got a bunch of posters?
i certainly do one is of the dark side and the other is a concept art poster the other one after that is a diagram of BB8

[quote=“Mistah_Spoopmahtticul, post:297, topic:4302”]
This is quite a let-down. Unless the new D-Star lacks a weak spot, and/or moves, I don’t think any of us will be happy. JJ, why repeat history?
[/quote]my theory is that Ren is making a super battleship
i hate how everybody ignored my post on unkar i really wanna know who he is, i also really hope that we spend a lot of time on jakku i’m rather fond of desert planets

[quote=“Middlefingerstudios, post:302, topic:4302, full:true”]
I actually teared up at this one

neither of the other trailers did that for me
[/quote]same

[quote=“Clone_01354_Productions, post:303, topic:4302”]
who actually likes Kylo’s voice.
[/quote]i think it sounds menacing

[quote=“Middlefingerstudios, post:307, topic:4302, full:true”]
I don’t know about you guys, but I think it’d be really funny if at one point they mentioned medichlorians and then Luke says something like “That was but a myth created by the Sith years ago”
[/quote]kinda like when in jurrassic world the T rex ran through the spino bones?

[quote=“21sselliW, post:309, topic:4302”]
Eh, I feel that’s overdone. Especially in SW.
[/quote] you obs don’t read the EU

[quote=“Chronicler, post:310, topic:4302”]
People keep talking about Luke’s absence from the trailer makes him Kylo Ren, but we haven’t seen C-3PO, so I think this is a better alternative.
[/quote]we’ve seen kylos face ya know
it’s not luke he looks like a typical EU sith protagonist he’s obsessed with vader and is trying to be vader sorta like how sidious was obsessed with other sith, oh and darth KRAYT who i believe was once a tusken raider

seriously who the heck is unkar
i want him in lego form

1 Like

First off: I doubt either Poe or Finn are gonna become Jedi. That I think will go to Rey.

Second off: I doubt Poe’s gonna become a Jedi. Just because you wield a light-saber doesn’t mean you’re a Jedi. Would that make Han Solo a Jedi? He’s used Luke’s saber before.

Also, the blue lightsaber we see is clearly Anakin/Luke’s lightsaber.

1 Like

one of the teasers show boyega igniting HIS saber

[quote=“Chronicler, post:319, topic:4302”]
Second off: I doubt Poe’s gonna become a Jedi. Just because you wield a light-saber doesn’t mean you’re a Jedi. Would that make Han Solo a Jedi? He’s used Luke’s saber before.
[/quote] never said so but i don’t think it’s going to rey, she looks like she’s the han solo of the team ( after han is killed maybe?) this is boyegas story not hers this is made very clear that or it’s a tag team story.

1 Like