Star Wars: The Force Awakens

This stormtrooper is my favorite. He is the first canon black stormtrooper. He’s gonna be the next Sgt. Avery Johnson of Sci-Fi. All the one liners that he’ll say will be AWESOME!!!

5 Likes

really? he seems more like a timid rookie

2 Likes

seems like one. People probably thought Jar-Jar would have been a serious character before seeing the Phantom Menace. This man… Wait, there was a kid in Rebels that… No way, he left the training facility… I think this dude may be from Rebels!

Kinda like the Airbenders in The Legend of Korra.

2 Likes

Some guys on Reddit jokingly stated that the black stormtrooper was the same as the one force-minded by Obi-wan.

And we alll thought he was dead.

4 Likes

I Jut watched this trailer on Youtube and at the end started chanting “Starwars is back Starwars is back” to the theme. But then I looked in the comments and saw all the unreasonable hate and just thought “Well I guess its not going to back for long if nobody gives it a chance.” :frowning:

8 Likes

well that’s youtube for you, always negative, always hating I am really looking forward to it, man 2015 is gonna be good
Bionicle
Star Wars episode 7
Batman Arkham Knight
Halo 5
Star Wars Battlefront
Avengers Age of Ultron
Ant Man

6 Likes

totally.

1 Like

I’m still totally on the fence about the new movie. I don’t want to be a hater, so I’ve let the fact that the empire is still around and there probably will be near no prequels or Clone Wars cameos or tie in slip past and take what I’ve got.

I need a bit more about the movie before I can be truly excited about it. This gave me more of an idea of the visuals for it, but not much else.

2 Likes

As I said, THE HYPE IS REAL!

1 Like

I’m sad that I have to wait a whole year. :frowning:

3 Likes

Also Evangelion 4.0.
and Tsukimonogatari will air on New Year’s Eve.

Yep, it’s gonna be a good year.

2015, the year of hype.

4 Likes

2015 is gonna be (probably) the best year of my life… AND NOT JUST BECAUSE THIS MOVIE!

2 Likes

BIONICLE 2015, amiright?

3 Likes

I am hyped. This better not be as much of a let-down as Phantom Menace. However, the crossguard lightsaber is really weird, though I don’t think it will be too bad. I really hate the design of that rolling droid. There is a noticeable lack of Jar Jar, which is always welcome. The biggest concern I have is the fact that Stormtroopers are returning. That just seems way too forced. I never liked the whole EU story of Palpatine and the Empire returning, though the Admiral Thrawn stories were cool. I really like the new stormtrooper designs, though I really hate the idea that new designs exist at all. If the Stormtroopers or the Empire is now some remnant force after being forced out of power, I don’t like the idea of them suddenly having shiny new armour. However, we don’t know much about why they are even there, so I don’t consider this complaint valid until I actually know what happens.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of controversy on the internet regarding the race of that man wearing Stormtrooper armour on Tatooine. That man is the lead actor, and I can’t think of his name at the moment. Most people are saying that “Stormtroopers aren’t black,” and are even hating on this actor. This is ridiculous. I believe this comes from the misconception that all Stormtroopers are Jango Fett clones, though this is far from true. In addition, how do we know this guy is even a stormtrooper? Han and Luke dressed up as them, so why can’t this guy? Besides, do you really think that the main character of the whole movie would be an evil foot soldier?

4 Likes

The heads up at Disney moved the EU into its own canon, and the movies have a separate canon (even if they’re still in the EU canon). Either way, I don’t think the Empire is returning. I think the Stormtroopers may be one branch of the military if the new government the rebels set up.

4 Likes

Yes, yes I do.

If you notice, the words saidin the trailer before he showed up say that there has been an awakening.

As soon as its over, John Boyega’s character looks like he woke up from some sort of a bad dream. Or sorta… trying to cope with reality, as if something incredibly strange has happened.

So, after seeing that and reviewing the title name of this movie, I have come to a hypothesis of what this movies about.

After Anikan brought balance to the force there were no more more Sith and the only Jedi/Force sensitive people left were Luke and Leah.

And, it seems as if the force has quieted decreasing their force power until it was… just gone.

But, around 30 years later, all of a sudden… The Force Awakens.

We see random people from all over the galaxy, whether good or evil, gaining the ability to use the ways of the force.

Not just the dark, but also the light.

Which is why I see John Boyega’s character, being a stormtrooper, who learns the ways of the light side of the force.

(Remember, EU doesn’t count :slight_smile: )

Also, I like the droid. :smiley:

7 Likes

I like where this is goin’

2 Likes

everyone is saying how they like the new lightsaber

but my issue with this:
http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE0LzExLzI5LzNlL2xpZ2h0c2FiZXIuYjNiOWYuanBnCnAJdGh1bWIJOTUweDUzNCMKZQlqcGc/e0787067/618/lightsaber.jpg
is that you can easily chop your fingers off

8 Likes