Star Wars: The Force Awakens

http://wallpoper.com/images/00/27/50/10/jedi-jesus_00275010.png

I’ve had to do it.

10 Likes

Plus, it seems as if another lightsaber could cut off the cross guard pretty easily.

2 Likes

If any Sith is dumb enough to let the lightsabre get that close to their hand, they deserve it.

6 Likes

Well, you can see that the “side-blades” are much more irregular than the main blade. My theory for that is that the side-blades are actually exhaust coming off of it because of how potent the crystal is.

3 Likes

That’s probably true, but then, what’s the point of having a crossguard? Maybe it’s there for some other purpose, I guess. Like what @ToaVuhii said.

1 Like

1st, a Sith shouldn’t have a problem holding his lightsaber. (Force Power)

2nd, The sabers don’t have to just protect his hand because when one is in a saber lock, he could hook the opponents lightsaber into his and twist the blade giving him lever power to force the enemy’s blade out of his hand.

3rd, I like the new lightsaber :slight_smile:

1 Like

First off, I dig this trailer. I’m for this new trilogy all the way.

I’m all for John Boyega as a stormtrooper, or a rogue trooper, or whoever he is. He looks real panicked, and you can hear the sound of a probe droid in the background. He’s totally being chased. As for his side, he’s a good guy, I’m sure of that. Whether he’s a part of a resurgent empire, disguised as a stormtrooper, or, even crazier, an imperial on the run from…wait for it…an evil rebel empire?

Secondly, the new astromech droid. Oh my gosh, this thing is so cute! This kind of humor is much better than Jar Jar or Ewoks; in Star Wars, comedy relief should always take the form of a droid (Let’s not mention the battle droid humor. I mean the droids that don’t talk!). This new droid is unlike anything I’ve seen in star wars before, and I’m looking forward to seeing more.

Now, the new stormtroopers. Why are there even stormtroopers? Wasn’t the empire defeated after Return of the Jedi when the Emperor was killed and the Death Star was destroyed? I would think that the remaining imperial forces would either surrender or be integrated into the new system of government. From this trailer, though, that does not seem to be the case, the rebels still having grungy old equipment, while the stormtroopers still look shiny and new. I respect Abrams’ decision to include stormtroopers, but it is pretty curious.

Also, Daisy Ridley for the win! She was my favorite new star since back when she was first announced to have a role.

X-Wings! This moment was when I really thought “Star Wars! It’s finally back!” It’s been so long since the old, run-down world of the original trilogy has been revisited, and the familiar whine of the X-Wing engines really excites me.

Now, the sith lord! He looks properly evil, with those tattered robes and the generally sinister vibe you get from this guy. Yeah, the lightsaber has some mixed reviews. I personally love it. The crossbar thingy he has may be impractical, but I think the in-universe function is to prevent dismemberment. Yes, it looks unwieldy, but he’s a friggin’ sith lord he knows how to use a lightsaber. Yes, many of the spins and twirls that prequel-era jedi performed would be pretty much impossible for this guy to do, but have any of you seen the originals recently? The moves are very much like what a person with a normal sword would use. I’m guessing that the lightsaber choreography will be a lot different from the prequels this go-round. Also, I love this lightsaber’s instability!!

And for the final scene I can only say this: the Star Wars theme was never used better during an actual piece of footage.

Here’s an extra side-note for all of you fans who grew up watching the prequels and The Clone Wars TV series. Personally, I think that the best Star Wars material other than Empire has to be The Clone Wars. Buuuut, this is a new era in the Star Wars, and it’s going to be different from the prequels, the originals, and The Clone Wars. We all will just have to get used to it. I, for one, greet The Force Awakens with open arms.

5 Likes

As a said before about the Stormtroopers, it’s possible that they were integrated into the new government as a sort of military task force, or maybe they act as the police.

Or maybe there are still some empire loyalists. Just cause a war is over doesn’t mean the ideals are.

4 Likes

It seems as if everyone thinks that the empire should (somewhat) be finally over and done with just because their leader and biggest base was destroyed.

It’s only been 30-ish years since the destruction of the Death Star II.

It’s hard to get rid of a force that had such a big hold on the galaxy.

I suppose some might say the Empire died out due to the fact that the empire’s strength was due to their soldiers fear of their higher ranking officials.

And, that’s a good argument. Fear is the strength of this army, so perhaps…

To keep control, a new Sith had to uprise and bring back the fear that controlled millions.

And, perhaps he assumed the name of a very feared power.

Perhaps, (And, this is a big rumor going around…) This new Sith took the name of Vader, to keep control of the empire and sustain it until…

The Force Awakens…

7 Likes

Now where are the Abrahms lens flares?

1 Like

The thing that annoys me though is that there will be nothing more added to the EU canon. It is just done.

I was so looking forward to Sword of the Jedi…

1 Like

What if the Force “awakening” means everyone can use the force now?

6 Likes

The trailer for the new star wars I already seen but yeah its kinda bad

My personal reason for not liking the trailer:
Its not a trailer, It barely shows off anything
The only cool thing about it is the falcon
lightsabre is okay, not very practical if the sides hurt too
The rest shows nothing much, and the narration feels fairly bland
I dont exactly see the fun in this trailer asides from the falcon

trailers are usually supposed to show what to expect
This really leaves me open to what the entire movie might be like
It might be bland, it might be amazing

who knows

4 Likes

Erhem, it is a ‘teaster’ trailer, not a full one. They’ll show off trailers maybe during the spring

5 Likes

@pot8o @ZSky312 This was a teaser trailer.

I understand what you guys are saying, but this movie doesn’t come out for another year.
Literally.
Decemebr 2015 (They aren’t releasing it in May. There goes tradition! :smiley: )

But, to be honest, we got a whole lot more than most movie franchises give out like that.

During San Diego Comic-Con this year, Marvel and DC released their movie teaser trailers for:

Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
&
Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

We barely got anything from them…

For AoU, we got, a prototype of Ultron’s head with voices from Avengers 1.

And for DoJ, we got a super hero staredown.

That’s it. (But, it’s still better then Marvel’s teaser…)

But, for Star Wars?

• A look at the new Main Character
  • A new droid
  • Stormtrooper clip
  • A look at another main character
  • A look at the main side character driving alongside other pilots of X-wings.
  • A look at the back of the antagonist with a new lightsaber
    And, finally…
  • An awesome shot at the Millenium Falcon.

I am really happy with this trailer.

But, I understand your displeasure. But hey, We get to play with some new BIONICLE during the whole year while we wait for the movie release! :smiley:

Edit: I’m having fun with the bolds and Italics

8 Likes

We dont know anything whatsoever about the movie

aou at least had the decency to show the villain first

2 Likes

Yeah… they’re totally missing a villain shot in this teaser

dont be a smart***
I am very aware that there was a villain shown

But we dont know anything about him

we only know of his fancy lightsabre

We know he’s humanoid and wears a black cloak, and has a crossguard fetish.

2 Likes