State of the Contests Update

I’m not sure if it’s due to all the trolls or how all over the place this topic have become but this has truly become an out of body experience, I can feel my body leaving for another plane of existence

10 Likes

so, how come some legitimate points were flagged and deleted yet all this unrelated discourse about tuyet isn’t being moved somewhere else?

6 Likes

I… I think I just entered absolute he-double hockey sticks-zone…

I think the contests need to be rehauled a bit in some way. Maybe better organisation of them would help a bit…

But hey throwing out Double from participation is one of the best things that were done

9 Likes

So serious question here. Would someone be allowed to use 3D printed copies of normal parts for an entry to count as painted parts?

3 Likes

Exactly. Tuyet discussion is off topic. It’s just to make the thread “wholesome” again.

3 Likes

its not about killing its about pain and fear

5 Likes

I think that’s hilarious out of context

2 Likes

A bit but the main canon contest thread is till closed I think lol

making a new thread takes less than a minute

1 Like

I mean, 99% of what a Toa needs to do to apprehend a bad guy is gonna hurt and be scary. A poorly-designed sword isn’t really a step up from just a giant cloud of fire.

1 Like

Simple. I’d rather this thread contribute something we could look back to for the future of these contests-- a trade of info of a Canonization Candidate and a start of a positive thread with healthy discussion.

Better than arguing and complaining to no foreseeable end over a contestant officially barred from future contests.

8 Likes

I would like to point out that even if you dont agree with it, no amount of complaining is likely to reverse it so why bother?

5 Likes

I never voiced it before but I wonder if annonomous polls would be better.
don’'t know how that would be facilitated on ttvs end. But it would help people vote only on the merit of entries.

4 Likes

I think a poll referring to what the future of the contests should be is a good idea as well

2 Likes

That will be happening after the Lariska contest, last I checked.

4 Likes

That is a phenomenal work of art, as is expected from Perp3tual, and I love how the blade makes use of design motifs from her Mask of Intangibility. But as the contests for Helryx and Artakha made clear, the iteration of the character that is being depicted is that of the most current appearance in the prime universe. There is more precedence for Tuyet to be depicted with a red crystal and a pouch than a deadly sword.

That’s all well and good, but this is Bionicle we’re talking about. Greg has said that fish breathe water, along with a whole host of other interesting things. Do they align with real life? Perhaps not. Are they the fact of life in the world of Bionicle? To quote Greg in a word: “Sure.”

10 Likes

Is that the one after Tuyet? If so, it sounds like a good idea.

the fact that right now we have to post a topic and link it to enter It would probably be a mess of coding to make it work out unless we are all meant to individually email eljay. and also for it to be truly anonymous we would have to not show our entries to others as a way to get feedback prior to entering

I personally just always headcanon alternate/different masks as being ones that they have access to in their Suvas. Since all Toa/Turaga can create a Suva, there is no reason that any given Toa would not be able to swap masks at a moments notice when desired.
Long story short; live your preferred mask dreams! You can always interpret your mask as one of the Toa’s alternates for use in particular circumstances!

4 Likes

I mean, hey. Lhikan dual-wields greatswords and Nidhiki’s weapon is a two-handed scythe, it would fit for Tuyet’s blade to be similarly massive.

4 Likes