State of the Contests Update

I dunno most seems a bit too far but there are definitely people within various parts of community who seem to viametly (i totally spelled that wrong) hate ttv and these contests beyond reasonable levels of criticism

I would say that being rude, unsportsmanlike, and breaking the website’s terms of use (which is constituted as “being toxic”) warrants a ban

18 Likes

Are you serious…?

9 Likes

There are reasons.

1. He broke contest rules
  2. He was a jerk to other participants.

There’s always going to be a breaking point where no one is going to want to tolerate your presence. If you make zero effort to at least be tolerable in a group setting. Don’t be surprised when no one from that group wants to deal with you.

11 Likes

there was lot of weird stuff with Helryx but I can’t remember any bridgading with Bomonga, just people kinda dumbfounded over the “shieldgate” and the amount of torsos used

I don’t understand why a contest which apparently is connected to the entire Bionicle community is limited to who is allowed on TTV’s site.

@Synnova32 From a contest? Yeah, I am serious, especially if it’s the MOC that matters.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

1 Like

maybe but its a bit of a low bar to not be ultra toxic enough to get banned

1 Like

Enough responding to Chud. He’s not interested in understanding, and so he won’t. You’re just giving him permission to continue.

12 Likes

Funny enough that’s… actually entirely a reason to ban people. Says so right in the rules for the forum, which you agree to abide by when you join the forum. It’s very rare that actions outside the boards would be taken into consideration when it comes to the boards themselves, but Double’s not a special case in that regard either.

Rule Index: All Rules Here - Site / Rules and Guidelines - The TTV Message Boards (ttvchannel.com)

29 Likes

probably right. so about reforming future contests, does anyone have any actual productive suggestions?

1 Like

ttv could allow banned users from emailing in their entries. you’d lose out on feedback etc. but it it would allow anyone to enter.

yes that would allow multiple entries :grimacing:

1 Like

Here is a suggestion I posted in the rules topic a few days back

5 Likes

i mean but also that just forces ttv to have to go out of their way to cater to people who could not manage to follow simple rules

I suggest assistants that can “fact check” entries assigned for different factors!

E.g.

Assistants for Lore Discrepancies(Lore hounds)

Assistants for IO File Checking(Studio experts)

Assistants for Rule Compliance(anyone with general attention to detail)

Having teams of individuals like these would be beneficial, I believe, as it would speed up the contest process significantly.

16 Likes

I would really like to be a lore hound.

5 Likes

bro im imagining someone putting these titles on their resume and applying for a job and just LOL

4 Likes

I’m not saying that it is. The Discords were brought up with the claim that the “anti-TTV” groups that you wanted to know about were active on said Discords, to which you replied that that information was being “withheld”. I’m saying that it’s not being withheld by anyone, since it’s just community members talking about the contests on a forum that anyone can join.

I am not saying that TTV is posting official contest information there.

If I misinterpreted what you were saying, please clarify.

Again, my understanding of events is that the ban was a result of actions taken to delay, compromise, or otherwise inconvenience the contests, rather than just general bad behaviour. More details can be found in the Reddit post that I linked above, though I cannot personally verify any of the information in it.

9 Likes

It really is a shame we have to talk about bans that are not going to be reversed and not focus on like the actual state of the contests themselves

4 Likes

Aside from the frankly depressing mismanagement of the contests by literally everyone involved from every site.
This is my biggest problem with them, they’re supposed to be a community canon contest that affects the entire community, but not only are they only in english, they’re exclusive to the ttv boards, where ttv can ban anyone they don’t like, whether deserved or not, from being a part of a contest that is much bigger than these boards.

agreed

I don’t care if you don’t like someone, this is a community contest and if the community doesn’t like someone they won’t vote for them if they’re that biased.

This is a contest for canon depictions of bionicle characters, not who’s the nicest community member.

I don’t care about double, I’ve never spoken to him, I didn’t vote for him, I don’t care about him.

I hope my frankness doesn’t make me sound like a Detractor, though honestly at this point I’ve been driven far away from the entire bionicle community due to everyone’s behavior so I’m not sure I care anymore.

4 Likes

The only thing that these contests have managed to do is wither away what little amount of parts were left on BL (see metru torsos, blue pakari) and divide the already small community even more, so in short, self cannibalization, and I for once cant wait for the community to be dead so maybe parts arent as much of a pain to come by without having to stalk BL or whatever marketplace.

5 Likes