State of the Contests Update

I will say I have seen auditors publicly commenting on art entry topics with potential observations about the entries and am wondering if maybe that sort of thing should be held off on until after the mods give their final say on all the entries since those could prompt artists to waste time making a change only for eljay to later say that it was fine as is

1 Like

That was my mistake :slightly_smiling_face:

It will be.

3 Likes

Okay. I saw a couple comments on art entry topics and was worried auditors might be sending artists to go edit their work or giving them the impression that no edits would have to be made without final approval from above and something like that has a higher chance to be inconsistent than if one or two people (meso and eljay I guess idk) take a look auditor notes and make decisions based on them that are consistent for all entrants

Well I assure you it won’t be that way. One person commented before it was decided to not publicly post such things, then I made the mistake of replying to peoples speculations, it won’t be a pattern. We’re gonna try our best. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

God bless. Would rather have a decision I don’t agree with that is consistent across the board than have each entrant be judged by different standards, ya know?

3 Likes

Just to be clear: this post is an example of the official “template” for when changes are being requested.

1 Like

Has a post like that been looked over and approved by eljay or meso or whoever before it was sent?

(if it has been maybe it would be better for all of these official statements to be made by eljay himself at the same time for all entries)

2 Likes

As far as I understand, the auditors are voting on a per-entry basis to decide what needs to be changed (which may explain why Stuubh had nothing to say about Norik’s incorrectly-colored torso). If that is the case, and correct me if I’m wrong, this is not the way to handle it. All issues need to be addressed, not just the ones the auditors feel like addressing.

2 Likes

I imagine accuracy for Norik and Iruini is lower priority.

3 Likes

I totally agree, but it’s still contradictory to the rules to change them.

1 Like

see yes this is the part that worries me. nobody should be voting on if something is against the rules or not and especially not on a case by case basis. that can lead to wildly inconsistent rulings. how i assumed this whole auditor thing would go is that they all give eljay and meso a nice little word document of potential rule breaks they noticed per entry and then meso and eljay would look over them and make final decisions. the auditors should be auditing, not making decisions, and the fact that they are talking to each other at all and not each acting independently in of itself is worrying me.

3 Likes

Well the rule 4e you are referring to only apllies to the mocs but I agree wholeheartedly that canon compliance on Norik and Irunii should also be followed.

This is 100% true.

if auditors are doing this behind the scenes they should stop or Meso and Eljay should intervene before things spiral. I think it can be okay for auditors to communicate and share their finds just to have an overview of what problems they’ve found (Note: Auditors who has an entry in the contest has no say over their entry for that specific contest). Their findings should then be directly presented to Meso and Eljay for approval. What Meso and Eljay finally decides upon cobbled with their own findings is what they can then post as feedback on the entry topics.

Edit: That’s my 2 cents but I’m out of the loop so maybe I’m spitting nonsense

2 Likes

yes but they have already been posting telling artists things to change with no sign that I can see that higher ups have been roped in.

I think this does also leave potential for auditors to be peer pressured to drop a potential rule break they found from their final report tho

2 Likes

I would say, they should treat it like a brainstorming session, in that they are not allowed to judge each others findings. Eljay and Meso will then have the final say on the collectively gathered data. Leaving out or purposefully omitting any auditors suggestion (only exception is if an auditor gave feedback on their own entry) should lead to the responsible party’s firing.

2 Likes

I think also they should hopefully be all sending their own reports not just one consensus report. A consensus report in addition to individual reports would not be the worst thing tho

2 Likes

Glad somebody else noticed that too, it really bothered me.

Honestly trying to start trouble by naming people and calling them out in-name was absolutely uncalled for. I really hope that this trend in Nak & Jay comes to an end, it’s done nothing good for the community and only burns more fuel to the flame. Your allowed to disagree with people, I get that, but there comes a point where one goes too far in-doing so, and this is no different.

2 Likes

Three days seems like a short time, taking into consideration that perhaps not all artists are checking the forum every day.

3 Likes

I agree. In addition to this, I thought Eljay had mentioned they’d be given ten days?

1 Like

On the first post in this topic, Eljay said a week

However, he’s said since that it’s three days, and so that’s what we’ve been going with.

5 Likes

Seems short. Especially if anyone drew their entry on paper and not in digital software