State of the Contests Update

Any auditors that have entries are not allowed to audit their own entries. They must be audited and cleared by other auditors.

9 Likes

Meanwhile, on one of the entry topics:

Kodiak: asks a question of the auditors
multiple people are typing

but can’t they hypothetically set out to paint other entries in a bad light? hence the potential conflict of interest

2 Likes

They’re still auditing their competition, and it ultimately seems completely unnecessary

2 Likes

We would agree, if there weren’t 12 other auditors.

2 Likes

The fact that there are 12 others is what makes it unnecessary.

1 Like

No, it means it’s thorough. Two people missed plenty. 13 means overlap, which means things get caught.

5 Likes

12 would catch things about as well with no conflict

There isn’t conflict. Because there are 12 more.

2 Likes

you mean Willess12 other auditors?

…I’ll see myself out now.

@toaskello even if Stuubh were to point out non-issues with an art piece, we are trying to have each entry vetted by multiple people.

6 Likes

Every entry discussed so far has been discussed thoroughly before any comments were made. Any issue I found is one I discussed with other auditors first to ensure I was being fair. I understand your concerns, but we’re all trying to be as objective as possible here. There’s nothing I could do or say that would keep my entry from the same scrutiny other entries are under.

7 Likes

I appreciate that you’re doing what you can to keep this objective, I just feel this sets a bad precedent. I don’t mean to be causing drama here, I won’t bring this up again unless I’m asked for a response.

4 Likes

Keep in mind that Stuubh isn’t the only auditor who can enter the contests; if you were to disqualify every auditor who entered, you would have a smaller pool than 12.

Additionally, the auditors aren’t the be-all-end-all of all of this; the mods can still have final say over anything they feel the auditors have messed up, and everyone still has the power to notify the mods if they feel such a mistake has been made.

3 Likes

I will say I have seen auditors publicly commenting on art entry topics with potential observations about the entries and am wondering if maybe that sort of thing should be held off on until after the mods give their final say on all the entries since those could prompt artists to waste time making a change only for eljay to later say that it was fine as is

1 Like

That was my mistake :slightly_smiling_face:

It will be.

3 Likes

Okay. I saw a couple comments on art entry topics and was worried auditors might be sending artists to go edit their work or giving them the impression that no edits would have to be made without final approval from above and something like that has a higher chance to be inconsistent than if one or two people (meso and eljay I guess idk) take a look auditor notes and make decisions based on them that are consistent for all entrants

Well I assure you it won’t be that way. One person commented before it was decided to not publicly post such things, then I made the mistake of replying to peoples speculations, it won’t be a pattern. We’re gonna try our best. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

God bless. Would rather have a decision I don’t agree with that is consistent across the board than have each entrant be judged by different standards, ya know?

3 Likes

Just to be clear: this post is an example of the official “template” for when changes are being requested.

1 Like

Has a post like that been looked over and approved by eljay or meso or whoever before it was sent?

(if it has been maybe it would be better for all of these official statements to be made by eljay himself at the same time for all entries)

2 Likes