State of the Contests Update

I feel like as long as it like looks like it can attach a kanohi its probably fine

Can’t wear Kanohi or Nekomusume Lariska or both, too bad you lost my vote, jk maybe or am I?

mine is based and canonpilled it can with a couple parts in face shifted wear a kanohi

I’d prefer lizard Lariska in all aspects.

Just curious, what do you consider such a design as? Is it as simple as just using the teal Slizer head, or does it go beyond?

1 Like

No, just using the slizer head as a head does not qualify as 01 pandering.

To me 01 pandering would be designing something to look like or imitate the look and feel of early Bionicle/Throwbots/Roboriders as an attempt to garnish votes through peoples nostalgia. This can include build such as (with varying degrees of pandering):

In terms of Lariska

Lariska the Scarred
Lariska, the Mistress of Blades

In general

Disclaimer: these are just subjective examples I found around the web and are not meant to accuse any of the respective creators for 01 pandering

1 Like

*garner

“Garnish” is when you add flavouring to a food item, like seasoning or spices.

I disagree on that second Hoseryx. To me, the CCBS, stars feet, and Skrall armour keep it from feeling too 01ish.

Why do so many people use the slizer head? It doesn’t even have a face, it’s a terrible head piece for lariska.

2 Likes

I disagree

Depends on how it’s used, I think.

(This Lariska discussion is off topic. We should wrap it up as soon as possible)

3 Likes

Oof, english is not my native language

Dunno tbh

1 Like

ye it kinda is lol. Honestly I just want the art polls to go up soon moreso just so that the old discussion topic can be reopened by eljay lol

Conglaturation to all the new contest judges!

3 Likes

Totally agree, I could use at least Mata Kanohi by replacing one face piece and adding one piece to Kanohi.

But I gave up because her face became super ugly.

Hakann was right

7 Likes

“judges” is a strong term. “Glorified fact-checker” is more accurate.

6 Likes

Sure, I guess

On another note, I finally decided that I want to apply but I fear it’s too late :sweat:

3 Likes

probably but you never know. there’s always next time too

I don’t think there’s any cutoff date, actually.

would personally enjoy havin you around but yknow

4 Likes

how do you do the tiny letters?

<small>

1 Like

uwu

Hey, I want to be clear that I don’t have anything against @Stuubh, but I think having an entrant also be an auditor for the same contest is a major conflict of interest. I don’t mean to imply I think anything malicious is happening, but with 13 auditors and 24 entries I don’t see why there needs to be any overlap between the groups.