State of the Contests Update

I will say that I do not want the contests to end but I think that TTV needs to take a bit of a break and re-evaluate the structure of the contests once we finish the art polls

2 Likes

The part about it ending is more of an opinion of mine than anything else.
Of course the contests could continue and improve, I do agree on that. I’m just tired of them and I’m not entirely confident that changes would be made in order to actually improve them.

That is what the whole gap should have been used for. I think we would all just like the Hagah contests to be done with at this point.

1 Like

at the cost of sounding like a detractor I honestly do think after this contest we should do a poll to see if the community wants to continue.

Not because I want them to end, but because at this point it’s genuinely hard to tell how the majority feels.

If TTV really are burnt out I think it would be worthwhile.

(As a side note I’d be legit excited to participate in the Lariska contest, so it’s not like I’m a third party coming in to rain on a parade I’m not invested in)

22 Likes

Thats fair. I feel like even if it was a little PR-ish, they have still announced that they are intending to fix some issues and make some positive changes.

3 Likes

I would say this is fair.

1 Like

I think it is highly doubtful that these contests last all the way through the full list of characters so maybe we should re poll what contests people want the most after the hagah art portion and do those first before the likely eventual premature end of the contests

1 Like

Blade yes. Nui stone in art.

Oh no every post is just jumping around, getting flagged or deleted. Could you please stop posting for a sec I wanna read whats going on here

4 Likes

tbvfh who cares what you say is fair, your account was made 30 minutes ago to start ■■■■ in this thread

2 Likes

Why does it matter? I’ve observed the canon contests in discord servers for a while now

Mostly because of individual decisions by TTV (which the added help should smooth out going forward) and a few vocal nitpickers constantly splitting hairs. The Great Metru Torso Affair exemplifies this; it went around in circles for the sake of doing so without really getting very much done.

Also, as I’ve said, the Hagah contest has been the most complex one thus far and will probably the most insane one we get. By comparison, The Tragedy of Darth Bendy the Wise went downright smoothly.

7 Likes

well thats not an article of clothing

1 Like

EVERYONE PLEASE DON’T SPAM AND COMPLAIN ABOUT A BANNED MEMBER, THAT’S ALSO MEANS YOU, NEWBS.

24 Likes

So obviously, these contests are meant to be a fun escape from real world problems and such, and they would be a lot more fun if there wasnt as much toxicity.

That said, is anyone else in the weird boat where the constant debate hasnt ruined it for them? I feel like looking at these through the lens of an escape helps make it all seem less personal. If anything, seeing the debate going on in the various topics is still more relaxing than stressing about coursework for me.

I don’t know, obviously the controversies are ridiculous, but barring the actual harassment that’s happened, they havent soured much for me. I just feel like the controversies are their own problem independent of the contests that need to be solved, not just a reason the contests should end.

19 Likes

I feel like that one really cool black and mata blue tuyet is low key a shoe in to win anyways maybe that will help things go smoothly probably not

1 Like

I don’t get why all my posts are getting flagged too. In the line of what Waggle said, I’ll be reasonable as long as I’m not being dogpiled, and I think I’ve been more rational than he has.

As mentioned in another thread, the debates make me feel like that painting of Plato and Aristotle, The School of Athens. On the other hand, the debate in this thread is just irritating me. I like discussing the canon, but this isn’t about canon now, and it’s not really a “debate” when the other person doesn’t respond to what you said, but what they wish you said.

10 Likes

I’m curious as to which one you mean. Do you by any chance have links or photos?

Black/Blue Tuyets are a nice change of pace from Blue/Silver variants

3 Likes

I’m curious to know why this post got flagged - it’s not spamming. It (was) a legitimate question.

Post I was replying to got sniped off board - was @Chud asking about how Double wins despite being so disliked, per this thread.

1 Like

Yet most athletes, presidents, and really anything you can think of to be voted on have been disliked, and are still around to run for office or compete. If they were that unliked they would just not win the election

2 Likes