Storm Demon - Rahi MOC

Wherever there are thunderstorms in the Matoran Universe, there are Storm Demons. Circling high up in the thunderclouds, they feed on static electricity and the energy of any creature unwise enough to enter their realm.

Considering the dome structure of the Matoran Universe, it is unclear what happens to Storm Demons once a storm runs out. They have not been observed passing sea gates, and only rarely are individual (usually injured) Storm Demons seen near power plants and other energy reservoirs to sate their hunger.

One theory postulates that Storm Demons turn ephemeral after the storm that fed them peters out, only to once again materialize with the next storm.

Storm Demon feathers are popular, though hard to obtain, charms among travelers and sailors, as they herald the approach of a storm by starting to glow, and can absorb electricity.

Storm Demons themselves are virtually immune to electricity, and in fact absorb it, getting rid of excess energy by unleashing lightning from their mouths (thus adding to the natural dangers of thunderstorms). The more energy they absorb, the brighter their feathers glow. Despite their mostly aerial lifestyle, they are surprisingly good climbers and can jump great distances. Their movement on the ground is otherwise rather clumsy, however.

Spontaneosly decided to build some small Rahi. Started with me thinking whether those Barraki manibles could work as feet. And indeed they can - though admittedly balancing things out is tough.
Also got that one set from the Eternals a while ago because I thought those satinated blades looked interesting and it had a lot of them. Finally was able to put them to use here.
Fun fact: the head having an articulated lower jaw wasn’t even intended, it just turned out it worked.

Enjoy
C&C always welcome!

21 Likes

I love the use of the iridescent blades on the wings. Also the Barraki mandible feet. It’s nice seeing how creative these Rahi are.

3 Likes