Stud.io Community MOC Game

Alright, I figured enough people gave it a go for me to try it again,

Basically I did was Lesnichiy was doing to keep it symmetrical, I also figured we should add some ball joints to the sides so we can get some normal arms going after we’re done with these.

Also yes, he’s kind of creepy.

Obligatory added parts list:

2x - Hinge Cylinder 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers, 9 Teeth and Axle Hole on Ends with Slots - Black - 30553

2x - Technic, Ball Joint - Black - 32474

The only new parts were the ball joints.

4 Likes

Also on the topic of collectively coming up with a name together, we may as well come up with a Bio and perhaps backstory to go along with the Character/MOC.

4 Likes

Starting to build the torso…

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 12.57.32 PM

Also RULE CHANGES:

1. You can now add 7 parts at a time. This way, it won’t take as long to complete the MOC.

2. You are now allowed to change colors, however doing so will count as one of your 7 changes

6 Likes

Atobe_Brick, @Kraata, I am greatly sorry that I haven’t posted an update, thought someone else will join, and then just got distracted. So, will we continue, regardless of how big our numbers are? Or idea has officially failed?
If we are to continue:

Studio file
It is a little messy here

4 Likes

No worries, we shall resume. (interesting choice to make the lights different colors!)

6 Likes

i’ll post the parts list in a sec

3 Likes

Alrighty. Could you also post a picture of it from another angle? It would make it easier to see what you built.

5 Likes

2 Likes

it’s been about 604,800 secs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

By the rules, I should not post an update yet, but regarding how the whole thing is not going… can I?

3 Likes

I’ll make a change today, so you’ll be able to edit next.

Progress is going a bit slowly, so maybe I’ll change the rules soon, but for now, I’ll keep the rules the way they are.

6 Likes

RULE CHANGE: You are now allowed to add 10 parts at a time. Color changes still count as an edit.This rule was changed because at the rate that we’re going, it’ll take a year to finish this thing.

And here are my additions

I hope that the hf armor pieces in the chest doesn’t impede arm movement too much.

The new parts I added are:

1. Cylinder Half 2 x 4 x 4 (trans neon green)
  2. Cylinder Half 2 x 4 x 4 (trans neon green)
  3. Brick, Round 4 x 4 with 4 side pin holes and center axle hole (black)
  4. Brick, Round 4 x 4 with 4 side pin holes and center axle hole (black)
  5. Technic, pin with friction ridges lengthwise WITH center slots (light bluish grey)
  6. Technic, axle and pin connector angled #1 (black)
  7. Technic, liftarm 1 x 2 with ball joint angled (dark bluish grey)
  8. Technic, liftarm 1 x 2 with ball joint angled (dark bluish grey)
  9. Hero factory armor with ball joint socket - size 3 (black)
  10. Hero factory armor with ball joint socket - size 3 (black)

@Lesnichiy

6 Likes

A little delay, but here I am.
Improving the tentacles/lights/whatever even further. And do not ask about that vat/canister, I do not know why.

Also, the file.
And list of parts:
4x Minifig, weapon crescent blades, serrated with bar
3x Bar holder with clip
2x Plate round 1x1 with open stud
1x Bionicle head connector block, (Glatorian)

4 Likes

Correct me, but I get ~3rd notification that something was posted here, and every time I only see withdrawn post from @Atobe_Brick. Maybe it is a bug? I just feel really confused/misinformed…

4 Likes

haha, no it’s not a bug. Every week or so I just make a post and delete it, so people will see it and be reminded that this topic exists and hopefully contribute to the moc :sweat_smile:

Sorry if it keeps notifying you, btw. I didn’t realize that you got notified whenever someone posts here.

4 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

4 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

3 Likes

It notifies in the “unread” section if you set it on Tracking at the bottom of the page. I can contribute, but it would be second in a row, so I hoped that you or someone else will do something first.

3 Likes

That was the plan (and also for it to appear in “latest”)

Yeah, I’ll still wait a little while in case someone else wants to contribute, but if nothing happens by the end of the week, I’ll let you do it if you want.

(Edit April 11 2021)
alright @Lesnichiy, knock yourself out

4 Likes

Didn’t finalised one of the back things, just to not waste too many pieces. Started making the waist instead.

Also couple of pieces that are same to another thing-on-the-back

The file

5 Likes