[stud.io] Onepu and his homebrew teammates

Left to right; Korii, Topuhi, Onepu, Hopu, Dekana and Tikamo.

These six serve as the protagonists for a fanon sequel to G1’s story that I’m in the process of writing. They all have a uniform build in the story proper, with a second Rebuilding occuring on Spherus Magna, but I wanted to make a render of their Matoran Universe forms for the sake of variety.

18 Likes

Hmm… Interesting.:+1:

So let’s see here…
Unless I’m mistaken, we have:
• A Ta-Matoran from either Voya Nui or Karzahni,
• A De-Matoran from Mahri Nui,
• An Onu-Matoran from Metru Nui who later became the head of the Ussalry on Mata Nui,
• A Le-Matoran who could be from pretty-much anywhere,
• Someone who’s either an Av-Matoran from Karda Nui, or a Po-Matoran with modifications made to him similar to those of Mazeka (whom I would then assume to be from the Northern Continent, the Southern Continent, or the Tren Krom Peninsula),
And finally,
• A Ga-Matoran from Karzahni (who probably wasn’t liberated until the arrival of the Toa Nuva, judging from the lack of a right foot).

Very nice job on the builds, and a beautiful render to boot.:+1:

Incidentally, though, how did you get those unique Kanohi designs (such as the inorganic Mask of Flight) in Stud.io?

2 Likes

Almost spot on :slight_smile: The Ta-Matoran was on Voya Nui when the Piraka came to party, the De-Matoran is a Ko-Matoran - I just kept the black parts from the original build as I was copying from instructions haha. Po-Matoran is indeed from the Northern Continent. Le-Matoran is also from Metru Nui, but left the city some years before everything kicked off, and was convinced it had just been wiped out. Ga-Matoran was also from Voya Nui, her missing foot being an example of Karzahni’s shoddier work. There are seven more characters I have in the chamber for this story but after a certain point the render would be too zoomed out to be worth it :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the masks, there are some more custom parts packs floating around, having collections of masks by KhingK and Galva respectively.

If memory serves, this link should hold the most up-to-date versions;

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w5sNVBiVOdqxxxEKrLSLtviT44WtAr0j?fbclid=IwAR2yMSV9vtx0OwnSMJ6mqx6NCRfscnFRMIEesuhW8U4aQ67uTy25hWmyCrM

1 Like

Ah, these are some of the characters I’ve seen you post on [other social media site]. Your writing is surprisingly good, and I like the mixture and rationale of different model types!

1 Like

Part of me regrets making that [other social media site] page. It’s just tripled the amount of notifications I get; ones from Maskposting, ones from the page itself, and more from [site] pestering me to allow ads and promote posts.

But nonetheless, the fact that I can now schedule posts is a massive tim-saver. I’m hoping to post a new chapter each week, and Chapter 2 should be coming tomorrow with yet more Toa after that :slight_smile: