Stuubh's Canon Contest WIPs

Hello again.

I’ve been working on Chiara recently, ironing out the weird kinks here and there. Her main issues were her shoulder and torso builds. They were just awkward. Especially the shoulders.

After playing around with some parts, I found the Inika shoulder and Slizer feet work perfectly together. This started an almost complete redesign. I’m much happier with how she looks now. Her thinner stance fits my original image of the character better, and she’s just a much better figure. More personality, better articulation, less rare parts, etc.

Of course the elephant in the room is her forearms. They look real cool and all, but I’m not sure if I want to keep them transparent. I suppose we’ve seen Bionicle characters with transparent bones (ex: Matoro Inika, Jaller Inika, Takadox, etc.), but they were all characters who underwent significant mutations/transformations. I’m not entirely sure if I like the idea of transparent limbs canonically, but ■■■■ do I like how they look. I’d love to hear other opinions on this.

Thoughts?

9 Likes

This looks really cool, but personally I think you should make the arms opaque because there really isn’t any other major translucent pieces on the build.

1 Like

That’s a really nice way to fill out the inside of an inika shoulder. Lookin good.

1 Like

yeah
That slizer foot fits there perfectly

I miss the silver shoulder protrusions from the first one. Still a good moc, though. :slight_smile:

Like Zukah said, the translucent seems a little out of place. I think she could use a bit more translucent pieces. Simply putting studs in the calves could be a solution.

Do you have any weapon plans?

2 Likes

Right now I’m thinking a Hewkii Mahri sword and a Mahri-toran blade. But I’m certainly not married to anything weapon-wise.

They might come back. I liked them too.

Good point. Not exactly sure where I can add more, but I guess I can figure something out. or get rid of the transparent arms

2 Likes

that was sooort of what I was implying

1 Like

I absolutely love your version of Orde! Personally the Sanok seems more like a ranged attacked mask, compared to a psychic attacker like Orde. Plus having the Mask of Conjuring links him to Varian as they both would have masks with a similar theming: mysticism.

4 Likes

Dropping in to say I’m a big fan of your orde (in fact in ended up partially influencing my own orde MOC) but I’ve always felt the waist is a bit awkward. Honestly I think you’d be better off just having a medium blue slizer foot instead of the hockey skate and would be very curious to see how that would look.

2 Likes

I skimmed this message and thought you suggested a slizer head. I spend like 20 minutes fiddling around with the MOC trying to figure out how a giant piece like a slizer head could possibly work there. Oops. I’ll try a foot out. Thanks for the suggestion.

So I ignored Rukahs implied suggestion to get rid of the transparency and instead added more. I mean it’s kinda in the spirit of the original post?

I really like how it turned out. Chiara now has an extra point of articulation in each shoulder making her an absolute joy to pose. And no more distracting DBG Hordika necks.

(If I keep the HF flame it’ll be in these colors)

8 Likes

eh either way I guess
It now looks waay cooler, because the translucent blue looks like energy. :wink:

2 Likes

looks fantastic! Really well done

2 Likes

Excuse me, do you have this Volitak 3D model for Stud.io?

1 Like

Nope. I just edited on a green Volitak from a photo of @Bukkey’s Nidhiki. Hopefully a digital model is made before his contest.

1 Like

I was hoping that wasn’t the case, guess we’ll have to wait a bit longer to get a Volitak model. Thank you anyway.

2 Likes

There’s a 3D modeling discord server. I believe they have a volitak model there, but I’m not 100% sure.

I’ve been looking for it in the Model-archives from that server, but it’s still not there. I’ll ask if it’s ready.

I think tuyet is coming along nicely tho the legs could be beefed up a bit

3 Likes

It looks pretty good! I think I might try it out IRL too. But I definitely like it.

And the hip design was taken directly from @RiderBD’s Nidhiki, so hopefully he doesn’t mind.

8 Likes

Fingers/magnetichandplates crossed it’s there

Still my number one favorite Orde design! Keep up the good work!

1 Like