Stuubh's Canon Contest WIPs

So instead of tweaking Nidhiki over the past couple days, I instead got an idea for Tuyet and completely redesigned her. I’m much happier with the result.

Here she is:

I’d like to eventually figure out a custom-built broadsword, but that’s not my concern at the moment. For now she uses KhingK’s design.

8 Likes

tuyet didn’t skip shoulder day

That is a darn good Tuyet. The spacing out of colors is perfect and I love the usage of parts. Definitely haven’t really seen the Hordika arms used like that. Hopefully the Tuyet contest is in the next few months because I’d vote for this without a doubt.

2 Likes

Your Orde MOC with no physical weapons and the combination of his psionics powers + his Mask of Conjuration really makes his character original, I like it.

2 Likes

I finally photographed Varian. Nothing about her design has changed, but I do think she looks better built from real pieces.

Edit:

I made some progress on Zaria, so here he is too.
Note that the shin armor is going to be part 20475. This Element is not in Stud.io or the Biopack as of now.

he has hands now

9 Likes

The Varian looks great when built physically. The colours really work.

He’s pretty good too. The axe is working pretty good. Same for the hands. I’m not opposed to the planned shin armour.

1 Like

I’m slowly working on building everything IRL. I thought it would be worth it to share the physical MOCs at their current state. They’re obviously WIPs, I’m still missing a lot of parts. Mostly black technic balls.

I’m very satisfied with Tuyet. Chiara needs some work, and I’m still playing around with Nidhiki.

Any new thoughts / suggestions?

5 Likes

Chiara’s coming along nicely. Part of me even likes the red voodoo balls.

The arms could definitely be improved (the way it is now, the elbow articulation isn’t very good), and I suggest replacing the rahkshi foot on her back with a dark blue one.

2 Likes

That was the plan, yeah. I just don’t have one in metru blue yet…

Part of me was thinking about keeping them on Tuyet. They could represent some Nui stone fragments. But she canonically can’t hold the stone and have the fragments, so I suppose I’ll get rid of them.

I wonder if we’ll see any entries with Nui stone fragments.

has nidhiki got hordika arms or is it just me

I really like your version of Zaria.

1 Like

I like the asymmetry with Nidhiki, it really helps him to stand out compared to some of the other Nidhiki’s I’ve seen.

1 Like

Chiara feels kind of weird. I like the visorak foot shaping, but her shoulders and elbows are a little unwieldy. Also, Zaria looks great, but I worry about his posture - I’m unsure if it’s the pose or the build, but it appears he’s leaning way forward by default. I also don’t quite enjoy how his knees are bent backwards. (Also I think his mask would look better in burnt orange)

2 Likes

Ha that was actually temporary and not my plan. But I’m glad you like it!

1. You definitely have a point. I think I have some work to do on her.

2. So…the torso works out fine. It juts out both in front and behind the hips. So there’s no stability issue there. Funny you mention stability though as there is an issue in the hip area I’m working on fixing.

2 Likes

Hey everyone!

So I have some new developments for Orde I wanna share. There are plenty of changes to the build adding new articulation points, fixing limited articulation points, and fixing funky looking areas. Most of them probably aren’t very noticeable though.

The most noteworthy tidbit is the medium I’m sharing these images with. I was able to finally obtain Orde’s three missing parts digitally, thanks to the Bionicle 3D modeling Discord! I wasn’t sure if I’d ever be able to use these parts digitally, so I’m psyched to finally have them. Here’s some renders!

Also…

I’m aware with the popular headcanon that Orde wears a Sanok. I’m not a fan of the idea, as I don’t think it really makes sense for the character. I’m much more in favor of my idea; the Mask of Conjuring. I don’t plan to change the mask, however, I’m preparing myself to give him a Sanok just in case it has to happen, for whatever reason. I was surprised how good both models looked on him. The square shape and horizontal lines match well with design motifs going on throughout his body.

Please, tell me what you think!

10 Likes

I’m glad that there are now 3D models for those pieces. They will be quite useful for me when if they’re put into a parts pack.

As for the mask, I think both masks look good on the moc. It’s interesting how a mask can completely change the personality of a moc…

1 Like

He looks pretty good, the sanok doesn’t look that bad on him. Though I agree that it doesn’t make much sense.

1 Like

I’m with you there, a Sanok has never made a ton of sense to me.

3 Likes

24191 will probably be added in a parts pack eventually, but I doubt 28222 or 44847 will. 28222 was actually a model taken from LDD apparently. I’d suggest joining the Discord if you want these. There’s plenty of other cool stuff too!

2 Likes

This MOC will never not look so perfect to me, nice to see he has his missing parts now! IMO all three masks looks really good on him, but the Mask of Conjuring seems to compliment the texture of the Mctoran torso, and that’s pretty neat

3 Likes