Subscription Service to Buy Retired Sets?

So my brother told me about this article…

Is this really true? Has Lego actually released this? If so, how can I sign up?

7 Likes

honestly i dont know much on it - but it could be very interesting to see lego do (thier probably just gonna use it to get rid of all the star wars buildable figs and vidyo sets)

3 Likes

But why a subscription service though?

1 Like

I think that making it a subscription service is a bad idea. They could just have a regular online store so that you can buy just what you want. They are just doing this to get more money from all the cancellation fees of the people that just want one set, and knowing lego the subscription will be incredibly pricey

5 Likes

Very interesting. I wonder how many retired sets they’d actually have to sell. I knew there was an archive with one of every set released, but I highly doubt they’d ever sell anything from that. Seems there’s another “archive”?

1 Like

Wonder if they would have Bionicle sets available, then?

1 Like

So basically Nintendo Switch Online but with Lego?

1 Like

no no no

You see, switch online is a service that provides a benefit that is needed to enjoy the company’s products, with some retro games as a fun little benefit.

This, on the other hand, is LEGO giving us an opportunity to buy things that we already had the chance to do, and didn’t, most likely for a higher cost. The sets won’t be old ones from 2010-2018, they’ll be newer yet still retired sets from 2019-2021.

1 Like