Suicide Squad

Ok, I think this movie has a lot of potential, and I’m genuinely excited for it. But I can not emphasize enough that they cannot screw this one up. If it does this franchise is officially doomed and who knows if there will ever be a chance for good DC films. I don’t think DC is any better or worse than Marvel is as a whole (admittedly, I don’t read the comics, I watch some of the TV shows and I keep up with all the movies). But for right now DC needs to step it up, sure, the MCU has made some films that could’ve been better, but they haven’t made anything absolutely bad. So please. DON’T SUCK!

3 Likes

Zack Snyder needs to only be a consultant for the cinematography. They should find George Miller or even Ben Affleck for Justice League.

So… These came out.

And WTF is this? Is this really in the film?

2 Likes

So based on the reviews it seems like the movie wasn’t that great, and from the positive reviews I’be read, I’ve heard it’s kind of like Bionicle G2 where it has all the right pieces for success but doesn’t commit to making a good movie. Hoping for TTV talks on this.

6 Likes

I watched suicide squad. It wasn’t horrible, but I can’t say it was all that good.
I was massively disappointed by the joker. Jared Leto was just eccentric and obnoxious, rather than crazy or menacing.
The characters were often poorly developed and defined.
The music choices were often bad.
The joker was in the movie much less than expected (like 12 minutes).
Overal, I’d give it maybe 3 stars. Or 2.5.

2 Likes

Not every Joker needs to be completely crazy.

He’s there to help develop Harley, whom can’t be developed without Joker.
Not only that, but I believe they were setting him up for one of the Batman films coming out.
Basically to get feedback on the character.

4 Likes

I actually really liked the film.
Jared Leto’s Joker surprised me… I didn’t think I’d like a Joker like this, but I did.
So ya, I thought it was good, but then again, I also really liked Batman V Superman too, so there’s that.

2 Likes

I just watched Suicide Squad. This movie is amazing!

1 Like

It is kinda disappointing how all of the promotional material and merchandise were making him look like he was a main character though.

5 Likes

Quick question: how old are you?
I mean, My grandma liked it, but I think kids would too, so I want to know what demographic it appeals to.
I was overall not impressed by it.

/s

1 Like

I haven’t watched it yet, (and I don’t plan to watch it) But it seems like Hot Topic: The Movie.

4 Likes

I’m not going to tell you my age, but I’ll tell you the demographic is probably teens- thirty year olds. Personally I would have have rated it 14A.

Oh yeah, the story of a general gathering criminals and giving them the choice of carrying out their bidding, or dying on the spot… Federation of Fear was pretty great wasn’t it?

Jokes aside, I actually did enjoy the movie. Although I feel I would have liked the Joker a lot more if they kept in his scenes that were cut for the theatrical release. El Diablo, Deadshot and Croc were great characters though, and I seriously loved every scene they were in. Harley was sorta awkward and overly… how do I put this a board appropriate way… uh… suggestive I guess? I dunno, if there wasn’t a language filter I would have a few other choice words to use. Captain Boomerang and Katana weren’t very memorable, and I do wish Cap had a bit more of a conflict with Deadshot like in Assault on Arkham (because that movie was god tier). All in all, I do feel like in order to fully enjoy the DC movies, you need to accept that they won’t follow Marvel’s formula, and that these are different characters than the ones we’ve come to know. With that in mind, I give this movie a 7.5/10. It’s worth a watch, especially if you watch Assault on Arkham first, but I probably won’t see it again until it comes out on redbox.

4 Likes

Haven’t seen it, but since I spoiled everything for myself, that seems like what my opinion will be. Though from what I’ve seen, Croc is pretty bad. I hope they make a Director’s cut.
I’m still shocked this is at a 26%. If it is bad, it should be at least 46%.

I liked it fine, it wasn’t great but I wasn’t horrible either it was definitely better than bvs

I think I’ll wait until it comes to DVD or Netflix. I know I should make my own opinion on movies by seeing them first, but from what I’ve heard it’s not really worth seeing in theaters. I’ve already been disappointed by BvS, so I’m kind of turned off by the whole thing.

1 Like

I saw this movie on Monday night, and I enjoyed it…

2 Likes

Saw it this afternoon. Too late in my time zone to post my thoughts on the boards here, so here’s my review for common sense media. Sums up most of my thoughts.

@OraNui If you want a good story, I agree. If you want a fun experience, great characters, and some laughs, see it.

1 Like

It’s decent, but not the greatest. I have a feeling that the last minute changes are what made it mediocre, but whether the changes brought it up from being terrible or pushed it down from being great, who knows.

6 Likes

Do you guys think a TTV talks is possible?

1 Like

They already said they would do it. Maybe there just busy.

1 Like