Sunset over Destral (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard part 2

Very much in still with the Miramax trilogy and i love that, always dig those designs being a good balance of Lore accuracy and set representation.

3 Likes

Wow! itā€™s amazing to see artwork from an old animation done in modern times while still holding true to the original art design. Truly only a dedicated fan of the movies can whip this up so eloquently.

3 Likes

I know this is a little late but do you think we could get another look at those models?

Iā€™m actually in the process of remaking them. You canā€™t see it here, but theres a lot of jank stuff on these behind the scenes, mainly to do with the proportions needing to be corrected while posing, and the faces are totally unrigged and immobile. Iā€™ve got some big plans for them though, canon contest non withstanding, so youā€™ll be seeing a lot of their successors in the near-ish future. And probably Iā€™ll probably make a breakdown of the changes Iā€™ve made between versions.

6 Likes

What format are the models in? I really wish I could download them to animateā€¦ though Iā€™m sure you would do a much better job than I could. Iā€™ve never actually made an animation except for small bits of stuff on Blender, so this would mainly be for my own amusement.
If you make anything else with them, Iā€™ll be sure to notice. You did amazing on the Toa Hagah!

Really love your movie style hagah. Looks awesome

I love this picture, It would be cool to see these models in clearer light/environments

3 Likes