Super Sentai / Power Rangers

The Super Sentai Series (スーパー戦隊シリーズ Sūpā Sentai Shirīzu?) is the name given to the long running Japanese “superhero team” genre of shows produced by Toei and Bandai and aired by TV Asahi, that is used as the basis for Power Rangers. (“Super” refers to their use of mecha, and “sentai” is the Japanese word for “task force” or, literally, “fighting squadron” and was also a term used for Japanese squadrons in World War II.) The shows are of the '“tokusatsu” genre, featuring live action characters and colorful special effects, and are aimed mainly at families. This series is one of the most prominent tokusatsu productions in Japan, alongside the Ultra Series, the Kamen Rider Series, and the Metal Hero Series.

Power Rangers is a long-running American entertainment and merchandising franchise built around a live action children’s television series featuring teams of costumed heroes. Produced first by Saban Entertainment, later by BVS Entertainment, and currently by SCG Power Rangers LLC, the television series takes much of its footage from the Japanese tokusatsu Super Sentai, produced by Toei Company. Its first entry, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, debuted on August 28, 1993, and helped launch the Fox Kids programming block of the 1990s, during which it catapulted into popular culture along with a line of action figures and other toys by Bandai.

Now, go and discuss!

5 Likes

Why… Why is the guy in the middle a Nazi?

4 Likes

You beat me to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Get hyped for the Power Rangers Legendary Battle. I wish Kamen Rider was as popular as Power Rangers is in the US then we can get the crossover movies here.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a real shame we don’t get Kamen Rider.

I really hope Legendary Battle is being handled better then Super Megaforce, BECAUSE LOL PIRATEZ NO EXPLANAT0NZ L0LZ

I swear, Disney could have done better with the Gokaiger adaptation.

1 Like

For all those Gokaiger fans: “Hade Ni Ikuze!”

1 Like

Gokaiger was probably my favourite series.

But then Super Megaforce was like Satan too it, :c.
Little kids like pirates! Why Saban?

Choudenshi Sentai Bioman = Power Rangers TTV. Someone please do this.

1 Like

I already did a few Power Rangers TTV, But I never thought of Bioman for it.

Hmmmm…

Also, nice username.

Technically, he’d be a Neo-Nazi. He’s the red ranger for the first Sentai, and was first seen in the mid- 70s. Also, this picture is outdated. No Gokai Red, no Akiba Red, no Red Buster, no Kyoryu Red, and no Tokkyu Ichigo.

@Mactray Get it? BIOman? BIOnicle?

Edited for double post- Star

Ha.
Ha.
Ha.

Yeah…

I tried to find a good pic that was not too large…

:c

Anyways (Edit to avoid double posting), Thoughts on ToQuger guys and gals?

I
TRAINS.

Tokkyuger is good, but SentaiFan096 still just has up to Episode 18, and because my laptop broke a few months ago, I can only use mobile, so I can’t watch the new episodes on any youtube knockoffs because they don’t work on mobile, so basically, if SentaiFan096 can’t get the newer episodes on youtube, I can’t watch them!

1 Like

I found a place with all the new episodes here: Redirecting...

I unfortunately find ToQger to be incredibly frustrating to watch. There’s so many interesting story threads like the “Shining”, the memory loss, and anything involving Akira, but it’s always sidelined by endless wackiness and Right chewing the scenery. I really hope it improves, because I love the train motif!

TASTE THE TRAINBOW!

Let’s see if anyone understands XD

2 Likes

Sorry but, I still need to watch Tokkyuger.

I did not know that this thread existed.

Then join us.

Welcome to mah swamp… I mean club…
#shrekisloveshrekislife

1 Like

I finished Jetman a few days ago, and because I can’t pick what to watch next, I’m watching Kamen Rider Black. Anybody have any recommendations?

1 Like

Go with the Go-Busters.

Or Ride with Kamen Rider OOO.

1 Like