Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Topic

Nope. Not buying that.

3 Likes

I sorta understand the stigma, but I’d get byleth; although he has ridiculous range on some attacks, he’s nowhere near broken

ok chief

How about now

3 Likes

no because i’m not into FF

2 Likes

How much is the dlc again? /j

yeah I’m into FF

F- Sephiroth’s
F- Abs

Shirtless sephiroth is worth my entire income

2 Likes

I haven’t bought any of the DLC yet either, so I have a similar question.

3 Likes

@N01InParticular and @Chronicler
DLC is 5.99 usd each, or I think 24.99 usd for the first five, (minus piranha plant) and 29.99 usd for the three newest, (that’s including Sephiroth) and the next three to be released. None of that includes the Mii outfits.

3 Likes

Bowser’s my main.

Also a new direct is coming tomorrow! It says it’ll talk about smash ultimate, so maybe they’ll reveal a new DLC character?

It’s the first proper direct in over a year, so I’m pretty excited.

5 Likes

I saw that this morning and thought it had already started. Thankfully though It’s not live until tomorrow, so I can watch it as it premieres.

Edit: I like how Nintendo specifically mentions Smash because they know it’s a huge draw.

4 Likes

Ye, it’s pretty exciting. Who do we think the new character might be? Honestly I have no idea at this point; Steve and Sephiroth kinda made it feel like it could be anyone at this point. Someone like Crash kinda feels inevitable, but I’d be more excited for an indie pick. Hollow Knight feels like it would fit right in, imo, and since I’m playing the game right now I think it would be pretty cool to see. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You don’t know how much I want Hollow Knight.

1 Like

Hollow Knight fans have been extra wanting him in the game ever since the dlc got announced

Cool idea I’ll admit but I think there are characters who better deserve the spot like waluigi

1 Like

Deserving doesn’t mean much these days

neither does mass fan support unless nintendo agrees with you

3 Likes

If it can’t be a character I want, then I just hope it’s not another character with absurd range or a character who likes to camp.

Phoenix Wright for Smash gang is gonna be disappointed again. :pensive:

4 Likes

Master chief deluxe mii gunner costume??? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

My most wanted characters are Zero (megaman series) and Waluigi, but as their both assist trophies, I doubt they’d get in. I guess Chibi-robo would be good. I predict that it’s gonna be Crash Bandicoot, but I think that Rayman is also a possibility. I don’t know much about Hollow Knight, but from what I’ve seen, he looks cool.

But didn’t they add K. Rule and Ridley because they got a lot of support in the fighter ballot, despite not being that popular in Japan?

2 Likes

Ridley was the big ‘never gonna happen’ character and likely execs told Sakurai to because they knew it would generate mad hype, and even with the reveals of Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool, is probably still the biggest character (pun) to come to smash so far. Plus, K. Rool is actually ridiculously popular in Japan, possibly moreso than in America.

K. Rool is probably the only character so far added because of fan support, likely due to Nintendo being on good terms with Microsoft at the right time. And even then, K. Rool fans have been campaigning almost as long as Ridley fans, so I wouldn’t be too surprised if Nintendo barely pays attention to a recent game like Hollow Knight when a character with a much longer history and guaranteed appeal exists, like Terry Bogard.

Of course, I’d be happy to be wrong.

As for predictions, Crash bandicoot has been predicted ever since Ultimate was announced, and every DLC fighter and character reveal up to now has been predicted to be him, so in terms of fan speculation it’s gonna be Crash. As long as it isn’t anime I’m content.

Waluigi

4 Likes