Suru, Mahri Nui Matoran Moc (with lore)

The sinking of Mahri Nui was incredibly traumatic for all involved. Among the Matoran that sank with it, the Po-Matoran were especially affected, considering their dislike of water. Suru was one of these Po-Matoran. Suru started life as a geologist but after settling on Voya Nui he would reluctantly give up his job to become a warrior, helping to defend the coastal settlement he called home. Following the sinking, Suru tried to keep his anguish under wraps. He began crushing rocks with his fingers to better handle the stress. While he could function normally, even managing to lead the Mahri Nui Council for a time, it wasn’t enough. On the advice of a friend, Suru began collecting rocks from the seafloor. To aid his hobby, he was given a pair of Climbing Hooks and a chain, tools salvaged from the loads dropped into the sea by the surface dwellers. A Le-Matoran named Defilak even promised him a submarine. All this helped Suru to unwind and better defend Mahri Nui as a sentinel. He would end up being one of the first Matoran to encounter the Toa Mahri. Suru survived the various attacks on his village and journeyed with his fellow Matoran up the Cord to Voya Nui. While there is little doubt that Suru will be overjoyed when he returns to the surface, it remains to be seen if he will be able to heal from the psychological trauma.

I like the MahriToran build, I’m sure I’m not the only one. It wasn’t until recently that I decided to build one from whatever pieces I had lying around. Suru pulls double duty as the Po-Matoran mentioned by Defilak in City of the Lost, as well as the anguished Po-Matoran who argued with the Toa Mahri when they first appeared in Prisoners of the Pit. He can also represent other Po-Matoran mentioned in those stories. He is a (mostly) standard build, I had a blast finally building him. I hope you like him too.

15 Likes

I like that climbing pose at the end, came out pretty nice

I also really enjoy the exploration of these quick background characters, it’s always fun fleshing out the world like that, and your backstories are really interesting. Nice job!

3 Likes

Ah, this moc looks really good. I like the backstory, it adds a lot of character to the moc.

1 Like

Looks pretty good. The two shades of brown are a bit distracting, but unavoidable with this Matoran design.

1 Like

ah not bad - this looks pretty good!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your replies! :slight_smile: Glad you enjoyed the backstory too, I’m proud of it.

1 Like