Synthesis | Tales From Tempest

[Static]
June 28. Summer of 1901.

A rainy day. Grey clouds fill the night sky.
The police officer sitting in his desk.
Notes scattered on his table evidently tell a trail gone cold, with a coffee cup suitably at the same temperature.
His face is contorted into an expression of frustration.
“God.” He cursed; his fury only exemplified by lack of good leads.
The phone rang, the noise rose from a corner on the man’s desk, the only sound in the entire department. The policeman’s eyes darted over to the clock, checking the time. A voice arose from the receiver;
“Dinkley?! Oh god, I’ve been calling all over. You’re the first to answer.”
“Captain?” Dinkley was astounded and confused. “What’s the matter? I thought you were on vacation.”
“I had thought to cut it short a few days, thought to surprise my wife.”
“And?” Dinkley responded.
“And I think someone is following me! I just got back from the airport.
L-look, I think they’re coming around the corner on the street I just left,
but somethings wrong, I’ve gotta go-” The phone cut to the dial line.
Dinkley felt an arc of fear, as he looked down on his files. A string of random murders, stretching from person to person, all with the same weapons, either blunt trauma, or blades. The captain could be another.
He rushed to get his holster on, maybe he could get to the airport in time-
The phone rang again. Dinkley hesitated, before realizing that if he didn’t pick up the phone it could mean otherwise. He hastily picked it up.
“Hello?” He spoke into the phone. It was a different voice that answered him.
“Hello, detective.”
“Who is this?!” Dinkley snapped.
“Who am I? That is probably the worst question you should be asking. The better question, is who is laying at my feet, dying in a puddle of his own blood?
“CAPTAIN!” Dinkley shouted. He dropped the phone, rushing towards the door leading outside, and through the window, seeing a chilling sight. It was the captain’s jacket. It was stained red from navy blue with blood, the entirety of it half-shredded in a frenzied attack.
He heard the voice from the phone once again.
:raised_hand:︎ ⬥︎□︎◆︎●︎:libra:︎■︎:candle:︎⧫︎ :libra:︎□︎ ⧫︎:aquarius:︎:cancer:︎⧫︎ :pisces:︎:sagittarius:︎ :raised_hand:︎ ⬥︎:scorpius:︎❒︎:scorpius:︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎:mailbox_closed:︎ :libra:︎:scorpius:︎⧫︎:scorpius:︎:virgo:︎⧫︎:pisces:︎❖︎:scorpius:︎:mailbox_with_mail:︎.”
“I’ll kill you!” Dinkley screamed, breaking down the door.
“Show yourself!” He shouted, pulling his gun out.
He heard sounds from behind him, circling around, and staring down the long hallway he just came from. A figure could almost be seen from out of the darkness, its long arms stretching out of it, and its yellow eyes filled with pure and utter malevolence.

"Ȟ̶̡̢̢̢̦̥͔̣͔̟̓͂̾͆̌é̴̟̙͚̂͌̽͌͆͐͠l̴̻̽͛́̑̾̈́̽͝l̷̢̧͉̰̗̙̮̫͍̗͑ȏ̶̠͕͕̰̎̇̌̔͑̿͒͘̕̕͠ ̸̡͈͖͎͈̯̆̔͐̔́d̴̯͚͕̊̇͛͆̎͗͠ȩ̷̧̢̖̮̮͎̞́͝t̶͔̪̥̳̦͍̊̒è̶̹͇͙̅̽͑͌̈́̀͛̊͝͝č̴̡̧̨̡̠̙̹̯̦̟̟̳͙̲̝ṱ̴̡̿̏͗͑̄̎͘͘͠į̸̘̱͈͉͓̒̕v̴̨̹̝̤͚̜̰̥̩̼͍̿͐̽̾́̈͛͋̎͑̐́e̵̱̟̘̫̥̗͋̌̑̾̓͌͊̾̎̀̓͘̕.̴̡̻̹̭̰̠̪͉͖̠̎̇̒̒̅̎̅̓͛̓͘̚̚͝ "
The figure charged towards him, inhumanly fast, as Dinkley fired off shots, until the monster was upon him, its cold hands grabbing at his throat. Its face was metal and empty, dead and cold, as some otherworldly force animated the puppet grabbing Dinkleys throat.
He was about to scream, before the monster raised its fingers to its face, and let out an audible “Shhh.” The monster stared at him, before the voice from the phone arose, like a demon, from the shells mouth.
“Don’t bother screaming, detective. No one is coming to save you. No one ever was. Yell. I dare you. Your body will hit the floor before you even make a sound.” Dinkley struggled, slowly starting to realize that there no longer was any noise, except the monster’s voice. It echoed all around him, as if the monster was all around him.
“Shhh. I don’t enjoy this. Never did. But there are bigger rules to me than the law. But I’ll admit, I think I’ll give you a little spoiler on what’s to come: When the world goes black, nothing will greet you after. So take pride in this face. It’s the last you’ll ever see. Rest now, detective. You found your killer. The search is over.” There was no sound when Dinkley’s body hit the ground.
The killer stood there for a moment, perhaps paying remembrance to days long past, before disappearing once more into the urban jungle.

This was a story based off of the roleplay: Tempest - RP Topic

2 Likes