System Dojo

The idea for this has been in the works since July 2015. It has gone through many redesigns since then, each drastically different than the last, but this is the one I settled on. The rooms on the side of the thing don’t have anything in them, except for a few printed tiles on the wall in one of them, as you can see in the last picture. Enjoy!

The dojo master:

Constructive criticism always appreciated!

68 Likes

Looks really nice but can I see the head for the dojo master

1 Like

Pretty cool design.

1 Like

This looks fantastic! you’ve used some really creative building techniques here, and I’m digging it.

My only gripe is that some of the dark grey flooring looks kind of plain. Have you considered peppering it with round light grey parts? You could very easily give it a zen garden/cobblestone floor kind of look with just a sprinlking of these:

http://cache.lego.com/media/bricks/5/2/6052200.jpg

5 Likes

Make this an official set, Lego!

1 Like

Great idea! Unfortunately I don’t have many of those pieces, sorry. I have a lot of gray rectangular tiles though…

1 Like

Very well executed, I like the shaping here.

1 Like

the use of those anchors is genius, great build

1 Like

Thanks!

I love the discrete use of those achors

1 Like

This is too good. Im a sucker for Asian-inspired mocs.

1 Like

Very interesting! Did you have any specific architectural inspiration for this?

1 Like

Nah, @Political_Slime, nothing specific. Just wanted to make something in this style.

1 Like

Where did that mini-figure come from?

1 Like

I made it myself from the body and legs from the Master Wu minifigure, the white ninja hairpiece from airjitsu Zane, and the head of Lightning Lad from last year’s Target minifigure gift box.

Very nice. I want one for myself :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Looks rather nice. Good use of shaping and general building designs. Would perhaps have hoped for some more smooth pieces used, but i guess it increases playability if the Ninja’s can run across or interact with objects easier as with the studs allowing.

If Lego had sold this as an official set, I probably would have bought it