Ta-Wahi Concept [NEW ART: The Marred Slopes]

[quote=“Yveran, post:15, topic:34517, full:true”]
This is incredibly well made, although this feels a bit more like Mordor than Ta-Wahi.
[/quote] Maybe that’ why I like this so much. I think the Morder vibe works well.

1 Like

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH BOOIIIIIII

h and this one is also really awesome, I like the medieval feel.

Whole thing looks awesome. Very nice to see, and a good combination between the G1 and G2 style. Only complaint is that Tahu’s Hau looks kinda weird and almost nothing like a Hau, but that’s not a big deal considering this is meant to focus on the environment.

Add a hot spring. I mean it’s set in a mountain surrounded by lava, so why not add at least one of nature’s hot tubs? :grinning:

1 Like

Funny, the castle being European is my favorite part about it, but I guess that’s just me.

Souls, plural? What? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, there go the drums of Ta-Koro again. Very well done.

This looks spectacular! May I ask what brushes you used?

2 Likes

@Ven

2 Likes

that are now burning to death oh joyful :boom:

1 Like

Hey, nice cross.

bad reference of the year.

EDIT: Updated with new artwork- “The Marred Slopes”

1 Like

Wow, the new art looks incredible!!! I really like the architecture.

New art looks amazingly beautiful, so much less edgy than the original, and that is definitely a good thing.

Excellent, just like the rest. The blue sky peeking through the corner certainly helps alleviate the ‘Mordor’ feeling. Keep it up!

2 Likes

Yeah, the first felt really edgy, and kinda out of place with other environments. The fact there is actually plant life helps a lot.

2 Likes

I love the architecture style you have with those towers. It looks foreign, yet elegant, mixing what I would want for something that looks older yet not like anything you really see in today’s culture.

2 Likes

As the 9th would say, “Absolutely fantastic!”

It’s almost exactly how I pictured a G3 Ta-Wahi (and expressed in my ideas/pitch topic). It retains some classic tropes while coming across as friendlier due to the visible blue sky and nearby foliage. The towers are pretty awesome, too - I agree with what Kahi said. Well done! I anticipate seeing what else you may come up with for the other Wahis/Koros.

1 Like

I’m glad you mentioned this @Jakura_Nuva . I noticed when you tagged my work in your pitch, and I really liked your changes to the idea. So really, this is partially YOUR brainchild.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s awesome! I was going to make a formal request at some point asking if you’d be willing to interpret my alternative Ta-Wahi. Guess you actually beat me to it. :smile:

2 Likes