Tabletop RPG campaign: "The Powers of Old" (closed for players)

Okay; here’s what I was thinking concerning the shadow Toa: she represents a small community of Shadow Matoran that were created in one of Mutran’s early shadow leech experiments. Having no further interest in them, Mutran pretty much left the now-outcasts to their fate, so since then they’ve been slowly trying to re-establish themselves in spite of the stigma their new element affords them. This would be before the “Klakk Cure” was discovered, so they don’t know that there could be hope for them to return to their former lives.

As a being of shadow, there’d definitely be a sinister edge to her personality, but I don’t think that shadow makes one inherently evil; that’s just the reputation that the Makuta have given it.

Mestrelis, Toa of Shadow (formerly Matoran of Water)
Colors: Black, shades of blue.
Equipment: spear or trident, inorganic Kanohi Calix
Personality: brooding, quiet, cooperative in the interest of earning trust, but rarely hopeful about the outcome of any interaction or situation; jaded by experience.

1 Like

How about somewhere in between the Great Cataclysm and the journey to Mata Nui?

1 Like

@SmeatyFlavor
I’d prefer to have Metru Nui up and running, with little focus on the major G1 events, as they would tend to dominate the story. ^^’

Your Toa of Lightning sounds fine, and is in.

@Scorpion_Strike
Sounds good to me. Approved.

We have another player from elsewhere now too, so that puts us at a team larger than 6. For that reason I’ll call it a day for recruitment, in order to avoid too many players to keep track of.

We’ll arrange proper character sheet creation and stuff when things get sorted out a bit.

2 Likes

We should edit the title then. Just saying Recruiting closed or something like that.

Err… I’m not listed under the players, though, and yet there’s still seven up there. Was I just a second too late?

Done.

I’ll be off for now, and hopefully return with some more info and stuff tomorrow. See ya then.

3 Likes

Sorry, you should be there now. ^^

Whoops, I think I got my timeline a little mixed up…

Did the Great Cataclysm happen before the events of 2004, or somewhere else? I’ve always been confused about when exactly it happened…[quote=“Katuko, post:23, topic:24619”]
little focus on the major G1 events
[/quote]

Totally agreed.

Since I like this look of the post.

Colors: Black and tan.
Equipment: Cordak Blaster, Kadin mask of flight and his fist.
Personality: He is really prideful and easily angered and slow to forgive. But he is a nice guy once you get to know him.

the Great Cataclysm happened during '04. So, before '04 is before the Cataclysm, after '04 is after the Cataclysm. Our story, therefore, will probably take place either before '04, or after '03, when the Matoran moved back into Metru Nui and proceeded to rebuild it.

2 Likes

I actually have a character I designed for this, but I’ll probably make a new one if I join.

Features for my character…
Erdek, Toa of stone
Colors: Burnt orange, dark tan, gunmetal grey.
Equipment: A large heavy warhammer .Wears a Kanohi Pakari, Mask of Strength.
Personality: A bit over the top and obsessed with the greater good. Bad at following orders and far to loud to even attempt stealth. But friendly, trusting and a good fighter. Not the brightest mind but laid back and very positive.
Backstory: he was once from a Toa team of the six traditional elements, but three other members were recruited to certain Toa Hagah teams and the remaining three split up and now wander around alone helping solve problems (such as this one here).

I think I will go with the Skakdi, because I feel like being viscous.

I have read the Skakdi section of the rule book, and I’m a bit confused about what you mean by this.
Sorry…

You want to be… viscous? Like, your secondary power is turning to liquid? But… how viscous? Are we talking water, motor oil, syrup, pitch…? :grin:

Good luck to you all!

1 Like

Maybe an infomercial “Make me Smarter” serum…

I’m going to read that as “imaginary liquid.”

2 Likes

I just wanna be believe that one day I won’t fail with my spelling in every second post.

At least they might make a documentary about the boy who wanted to be imorral, cruel and violent, but ended up as liquid…

It’d be a pretty cool Skakdi power to have, though, if it fits with the others balance-wise. I’m still trying to figure out what a good set of skills and feats would be for a ‘hit and run’ fighter wielding a scythe…

1 Like

It would be cool, but I’m still thinking about it…
I never wanted to be viscous, more vicious, but I dunno, it could be cool or something.

1 Like