Tabuhra, The Spirit Of Deserts

Finally a new female OC to introduce you. This time around a not so new and not so canonical elemented Toa, Tabuhra, The Spirit Of Deserts (or simply also Toa of Sand).

Tabuhra, The Spirit Of Deserts

Hover Sand Board

Scout Drone i-R15

More pics: Tabuhra, The Spirit Of Deserts | Flickr

Bio: Tabuhra, The Spirit Of Deserts by MrBoltTron on DeviantArt

So as for details and original concept about Tabuhra. Toa of Sand concept started last year, but not as female, and not as Tabuhra. Originally idea for another Toa of Sand was going to be male, and having no right arm because of one battle, which I never came with a proper end how he lost his right arm. His vehicle was going to be also a different, a futuristic and weaponized motorcycle basically. About the idea with male Sand Toa’s no right arm thing, instead he had a prosthetic arm, he designed own motorcycle to transform into a huge weapon, mounted with rifles, cannons, rockets et cetera (maybe not that too many weapons included), and combines vehicle weapon to his right shoulder for combat.
Things got changed over time when I thought scrap the original idea and start over. And then came female Toa of Sand, Tabuhra, with a little bit different results. It is quite obvious for people that they see her as Rey (SWVII: The Force Awakens), like Bionicle Rey or some sort of, which I do not mind about it.
For her “vehicle” , it was going to be based on Sparrow (Destiny), but I changed after then Hover Sand Board, because it required more time and more parts to build Sparrow based vehicle.
As for her “partner” called i-R15, who is a scout drone and joined with her adventure, though Tabuhra finds him being annoying. Speaking of which, I got mostly a refreshed look of Toa of Sand by having a little inspiration from Destiny game. And also i-R15 is created by two different robots, Ghost (Destiny) and some other ball robots (Portal 2). Mostly it has Portal 2 robot vibe I can guarantee that. Its main purpouse is scouting in deserts, searches and analyzes dangers for Tabuhra, you’ll see on my bio on DA.
Now let’s go for inspirational credits. Her foot idea came from A Stag Beetle who is from Flickr, her toe design came from 0nuku who suggested me to use that built and works perfectly for her, i-R15 ball built idea belongs to umamen from Flickr and system breast built on Tabuhra, well, sadly I don’t remember who I got an idea originally, but I know I got inspired from one Japanese MOCer on Twitter.
That’s about sources of materials. And it is time to continue on MOCing (at least thankfully my finals are over for now). Anyways, comments and criticisms are welcome, appreciate some feedbacks for future projects. Thank you for having a time for reading this description and I’ll see you around later, bye for now!

93 Likes

Scarf.

10/10.

9 Likes

Noice

1 Like

This is really cool. Is the krana painted?

1 Like

Nifty. I like the use of those cape pieces, especially.

1 Like

The Desert vibe is strong in this on!

1 Like

I love nomad-ish stuff like this. You really brought the vibe of it well.

1 Like

The Krana isn’t painted, it is Krana-Kal Za, which came from Tahnok-Kal set :ok_hand:

The noble Komaus exaggerate the hips just a little more than I think is necessary, especially given the very slim waist, but overall the sculpting is amazing here. Looks sufficiently detailed without being unnecessarily cluttered. Well done!

1 Like

It’s like the Bionicle version of Rey, who got infected by a Krana.

1 Like

Nice to see Krana getting used but…don’t think this was the right place.

The rest is in my opinion your best work. Smooth but still has your signature greebles, and nothing is too over the top.

Also, the scarf is :ok_hand: Totally not biased because my Self-MOC has a scarf.

1 Like

I aprove of the knees. Done gorgeously as always

2 Likes

This is one of the better usages of krana I think I’ve seen. Makes me wanna dig up my own old ones…

gr8 moc m8

2 Likes

Everything about this is great. I swear this is an exo.

2 Likes

Beautifull!

2 Likes

This is amazing.
Best use of a Krana I’ve ever seen, and I love the shaping, not to mention how it reminds me of rebel troopers in TFA, whose design I love.
11/10

1 Like

Fantastic job here. The shaping is absolutely splendid and I love the wastelander vibe the cloth piece creates.

2 Likes

Looks really cool! Good job!

May I ask what the prefix Sor- originates from?

1 Like

It’s a DJIIN!

But honestly, good job on this one. The proportions are done well, it is highly detailed, and the parts usage is really creative. I especially love the double-jointed knee made with LEGO system connected on pin holes. Her torso is beautiful, to say the least, and the shaping of her weapon is lovely. I truly wish I could tell you of anything to improve on her, but I personally think she looks great right now.

1 Like

dude when I see MOCs like these I don’t want to MOC no more. this is soooooo cool
very very very good!!

1 Like