Tahu having 42 powers

I still stand by the fact that having 42 powers is just too many, and the fact that every single Makuta has them all brings up more questions then I care to answer.

As adaption is one of the Kraata powers, does that mean Tahu essentially still has “adaptive armour” without even having it?

But that’s a question for another topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah. I looked up all the powers. Here’s what a stage six Kraata can do with each of these powers (I’ll use that to give you an idea of the sheer amount of power just one Makuta or Tahu with the armour possesses):

1. Fear: Has the power to bring fear to the hearts of even the Toa Nuva.
  2. Disintegration: Has the power to reduce even Protodermis to dust.
  3. Poison: Dangerously toxic even to a Toa Nuva.
  4. Fragmentation: Has the power to create explosions in the immediate area.
  5. Hunger: Has enough strength to drain the energy of a Toa Nuva.
  6. Anger: Has the power to turn even the Toa Nuva against one another in total rage.
  7. Weather Control: Can manifest powerful, dangerous thunderstorms and blizzards at will.
  8. Elasticity: Can stretch incredible lengths in the blink of an eye to infect a faraway mask.
  9. Heat Vision: Powerful long-range heat vision can ignite any object within sight.
  10. Illusion: Can create and control multiple realistic illusions anywhere within sight.
  11. Teleportation: Has the power to teleport itself through any wall or other structure except the shields of Karda Nui.
  12. Quick Healing: Almost indestructible; if captured, can be used to heal the injuries of others.
  13. Laser Vision: Fires powerful eye-beams that can burn through solid Protodermis.
  14. Gravity: Uses gravity control to crush any object in visual range.
  15. Electricity: Powerful electrical field can be controlled to surround or stun distant objects or creatures.
  16. Sonics: Blasts distant objects with powerful waves of sonic force.
  17. Vacuum: Has the power to create gale-force winds or instantly reverse their flow.
  18. Plasma: Has the power to instantly melt any object into vapor.
  19. Magnetism: Possesses magnetic powers strong enough to tear a slab of Protodermis in two.
  20. Fire Resistance: Strong enough to withstand the heat of Tahu Nuva’s magma swords.
  21. Ice Resistance: Impervious even to the cold of Kopaka Nuva’s ice blade.
  22. Mind Reading: Powerful enough to invade the mind of a Turaga or Toa Nuva.
  23. Shapeshifting: Has total control over its own shape, although its mass cannot change.
  24. Darkness: Has the power to consume all light in a large area; only Takanuva’s light is stronger.
  25. Plant Control: Has total control over any plants in the area.
  26. Molecular Disruption: Has the power to utterly disintegrate any inorganic object with a touch.
  27. Chain Lightning: Controls devastating bolts of chain lightning that leap between multiple targets.
  28. Cyclone: Has the power to create and control powerful cyclones at will.
  29. Density Control: Complete control over own density and that of any object in physical contact.
  30. Chameleon: Has the ability to become completely invisible in any environment.
  31. Accuracy: Can strike the smallest target at a great distance or in any environment or condition.
  32. Rahi Control: Has absolute control over every living Rahi in the near area.
  33. Insect Control: Powerful enough to control and command an entire hive of Nui-Rama. (what’s even the point, insect Rahi are still Rahi, why bother with the distinction?)
  34. Stasis Field: Has the power to freeze a creature in near-permanent stasis through eye contact.
  35. Limited Invulnerability: Absolutely invulnerable to physical harm of any kind. (yeah, very limited)
  36. Power Scream: Power scream shatters stone and can be heard all across an island.
  37. Dodge: Impossible to physically strike, no matter how swiftly or powerfully.
  38. Silence: Aura of silence is powerful enough to temporarily deafen a Toa Nuva.
  39. Adaptation: Instantly adapts to take maximum advantage of any condition or situation.
  40. Slow: Able to rob even a Toa Nuva of all speed as long as it remains nearby.
  41. Confusion: Extended proximity can reduce even a Toa Nuva to mindless babbling.
  42. Sleep: Has the power to instantly put an entire village into deep sleep.
5 Likes

Well… yes and no.
Aside from giving you transformable weapons, Adaptive Armor is just that; armor. Sure, it can ■■■■■■■■■■ and provide additional resistances, but a Toa of Iron or Magnetism (or anyone who can control Protosteel, really) comes along, and you can pretty much kiss it goodbye. Adaptation, on the other hand, actually effects the entirety of the user’s body, including the squishy bits.
So it’s less of, “Ow, my armor’s being burned into my skin!,” and more of, “Haha! I can walk through fire! Kneel before Daenerys Targaryen!.” Not exactly the best example, given Tahu’s Element and newfound Fire Resistance, but hopefully, the point was clear enough to be understood.

5 Likes

Note however that he does still have the adaptive armor as the Kraata powers are no longer tied to the golden armor.

4 Likes

Where was that mentioned?

I thought the armour was fried after the Ignika transformed him back into Mata form?

He does have his adaptive weapon Aka his fire sword.

1 Like

Well I know that, but not the armour, surely?

Greg said that the adaptive armor is too inportant/useful (I can’t remember the correct word) to abadone it. So the Golden Armor is attached to his adaptive armor.

3 Likes

No, he armor was not. When he was turned back into his Mata form, the armor remained. If anything, the Ignika would have transformed it too to fit his Mata form, considering it had a Nuva mask. He was still wearing the adaptive armor when he got the golden armor, which he changed it out for. He later changed back to the adaptivve armor, at which point the Kraata powers had settled in.

Greg has stated that that the Stars set represents his adaptive armor in standard Mata form, which is why it looks different from the 2001 set.

iirc, he could not wear it at the same time as the golden armor.

2 Likes

Well if it’s representing the adaptive armour’s Mata form then how does he still look that way with the armour on?

They can’t both be on at the same time, correct?

1 Like

There’s only so much you can do with an Av-Matoran build…

3 Likes

Not really relevant

Although I do agree.

I mean, it is pretty relevant. You’re talking about how the 2010 Tahu looked the same with and without the Golden Armor, which can’t be worn without first taking off the adaptive armor that is assumed to be part of the Av-Matoran build.

2 Likes

Yeah but that’s a post-set explanation.

I’m pointing out how there’s a hole in that idea as an EXPLANATION.

The set comes first, remember?

And how would he still have the powers if he had to switch out the two armours?

And why didn’t we ever see him switch out the armours in the comics?

Why wasn’t it mentioned he switched armours?

Why does biosector01 only say he has the golden armour?

Why are there this many questions?

Maybe because the adaptive armour was SUPPOSED to not be an issue and then it was haphazardly brought back in later.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

I am not certain that he did have to take off the armor, but I believe Greg has said he had to. Remember the armor attachements added in the stars sets? Iirc correctly, Greg stated those represented the adaptive armor, in addition to the mask, and had to be changed out. The Kraata powers were tied to the golden armor at first but eventually became a part of Tahu, and the golden armor was thus useless as it was only meant to be used once.

It should also be noted that the Stars sets have a reputation of having many inaccuracies to the story, and that the sets do not 100% accurately represent the in-universe appearence of characters. The comics are drawn to represent the sets. Also, the comics don’t show every part of the story.

Much of this was answered by Greg on BZPower and the LEGO Message Boards.

1 Like

Sources please?
I’ve never heard anything like this anywhere.

BIONICLE 2010 section, second to last statement:
“Tahu has gained all the powers of the Kraata killed by the Golden Armor, and he does not need the Golden Armor to access any of his new abilities.”

4 Likes

Someone ought to update Biosector01 on that one then XD

2 Likes

I got the source from Bs01 though.

Abilities and Traits:
“After he used the Golden Armor, he gained the abilities of the Rahkshi that were destroyed, including heat vision and quick healing.[2] The kraata powers that he gained are now independent of the golden armor.[3]”

The 3 being the source I posted above. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Guess I didn’t read that closely enough then XD

My bad.

But back to the original point.

If he has that many powers, how is anything supposed to be a challenge?

Marendar? Just disintegrate it with a touch.

Army of Skakdi? Power scream.

Tuyet? Put her to sleep.

How much more OP can you be?

3 Likes