Tahu Nuva sketch

Drew this back in December. I always preferred Tahu’s Nuva form over the original Mata body. The extra armor makes him look more complete.

Lemme know what y’all think!

46 Likes

Overall I like it but his legs are really long. Especially the lower leg area.

3 Likes

I’d say that the legs aren’t the main issue here, but when compared to the stubby torso length they look even more outrageous. If the legs get scaled down in general and the torso is stretched longer, the figure should look much nicer.

I really like the detail you’ve put into the illustration, @EBdrawsstuff. The forearms, shoulders and the pelvis are my favourite highlights, and I really like how you rounded the legs and the mask. I’d love to see you revisit Tahu or draw the other Toa Nuva.

I especially like the sword redesign, I’d like to see what it looks like coloured in if that interests you.
But yeah, the legs kind of feel like they’re from a titan build and feel a little out of place in relation to the rest of the body features.

1 Like

im pretty sure he was going for a gundam kinda vibe here, which have some funky leg proportions

1 Like

Thanks. Also yeah, now that you say it, the legs do look a little long. I might revise this at some point.

1 Like

Great detailing and such but the torso looks a bit off compared to the legs.

This looks amazing! The line work is very clean

I love the lava-sword design… the proportions give me a very gundam-esc vibe… very clean and well done!

1 Like

That’s what I was kinda aiming for with the proportions, actually.

well, then you did a great job representing that!

wow that’s a really buff Tahu

SUPER cool drawing!