Tahu (the beginning of a concept)

Here is my tahu so far, which hopefully will be just one part of a bigger project. I will get to printing the face and maybe the chest tile eventually but first I wanted to get feedback (also if anyone knows where to get a studio file for that one single piece iron man helmet that will help a lot). Unfortunately It seems pretty difficult to get the legs to have ball jointed articulation without lego making new elements. If I’m lucky lego will have made new mixel joint compatible parts by the time the rest of my project is done but most likely not lol. Let me know what y’all think about this tho

12 Likes

someone’s salty that legends of bionicle failed
Uh… he’s a start.

3 Likes

Listen I cried for a while then decided this can just be the end of the beginning with a little bit of luck and determination

3 Likes

Make more

1 Like

matoran that scale well with this next

2 Likes

the legs seem a tad too long imo but I like where this is going

do you plan to add custom prints?

1 Like

custom prints to the mask at least. legs maybe a bit long yeah the leg design is one thing I might have to work on but theres only so many peices small enough to be useful for something like this

@Rukah just did make more (aka a matoran) wanna see?

3 Likes

yes please

1 Like

here ya go. I might post matoran as it’s own topic later but I dont plan on doing that until I have a pakari print made to go on that little iron man helmet because I am also gonna make kapura and takua

7 Likes

woah nice job

1 Like

i think the added height of one stud in the torso actually does a lot more than I thought it would to mitigate how weird the long legs look

1 Like

The shoulders on Jaller are very creative, and the hau prints look pretty good

1 Like

i made the prints in paint 3d using a random mnog screenshot as a template lol

looking at this again, the tahu build looks a tad unstable, correct me if I’m wrong but the torso looks like it has multiple parts that are only held together by a single stud connection.

in the original one there were at least two points where it had a one stud connection but now there is only one where its a single stud (two if you count the head) and that’s there on purpose so that the hips can rotate for posability. There are a couple one stud connections in the limbs but those mostly will be fine and some of the one stud connections in the limbs actually inadvertently give you more options to pose it

2 Likes