Takanuva 2023 GWP concept in stud.io

My attempt at replicating the concept model.

The lower leg armor needs to be replaced with the white lower leg armor pieces from the Ninjago Zane Mech Evo. The studio file link: LEGO MOC Takanuva 2023 GWP Concept by Jek_Porkchops | Rebrickable - Build with LEGO

Updated version with better back and hip build: LEGO MOC Takanuva 2023 GWP Concept V2 by Jek_Porkchops | Rebrickable - Build with LEGO

24 Likes

Sweet

2 Likes

I also took a shot at making this model recently, and it seems we got a lot the same. Good call to use the printed 2x2 round tiles; it makes the light gray make a lot more sense. Now that I look closer at the original image, I can just barely see the print.

I also agree with the used of the “bumpy” 1x2 bricks in the arms:

That explains the line visible on his right arm in the image.

EDIT: Now that I look closer, might the “bumpy” brick actually be two 1x1 round bricks?

2 Likes

The 1x2 section could indeed be two 1x1 round bricks, but I think the 1x2 bumpy brick has a bigger chance to be the one that is used. The angle of the indent seems to not be that steep, and there is definitely a line that connects to the outer edges of the 1x2 hinge plate, suggesting that the ends of the 1x2 brick area are straight and not rounded-off.

Can you share your model?

2 Likes

Here’s an image; I’m working on it at the moment, though, so I can’t do a full share. Is there anything in particular you want to see?:

The back is entirely speculative.

Also, good call on using the taps for the pistons; I had missed that when I first saw your model, and I just figured it out for myself. It looks to me like there shouldn’t be a 1x1 plate in behind the back piston, but I have no idea how to bring the angled plates closer together.

3 Likes

Yes I added 1x1 plates there so the angled plate could be connected and so there would be no illegal techniques in it, though it seems there is some sort odf illegal technique on the actual model used at Lego.

2 Likes

In what part?

2 Likes

The part that we discussed, in the hip area.

2 Likes

I thought the thighs used the SCCBS shells, are those just not in stud.io yet?

2 Likes

No they aren’t there yet, even though they’re a year old at this point.

3 Likes

ah cool
whilst i do agree to the consensus that this is the better build - i do agree that the tahu we got works better for accessibility and mocing, with the sentiment that it is more feasible to create the other mata in that style
still ngl this is still amazing, and props for being able to build all this from 1 photo!

3 Likes

I managed to get the butt one plate shallower after using a turntable, thanks to the suggestion of someone on Discord.

3 Likes

Brilliant solution; that’s consistent with the 2x2 plate/tile/jumper visible in that area of the build.

3 Likes

Updated version with FREE pdf instructions: LEGO MOC Takanuva 2023 GWP Concept V2 by Jek_Porkchops | Rebrickable - Build with LEGO

4 Likes