Takua 2015 Style!

Here he is!
Pretty labor intensive for such a small figure, as I had to paint every shell by hand, which is ■■■■ hard to do if you want it to look smooth.
The mask is the only thing that turned out the way I wanted, unfortunately…
No clue what his weapon had to be, I had no interesting ideas for that :confused:
Might be I’ll update the topic when I have something C:
I’m not even gonna talk about the build, I mean, what can I really say about that?
I took the original figure in consideration when working out the color scheme.
Blue legs, red arms and torso. The hands and feet are grey, because I felt that extra blue might be a bit too much, and since I personally want to put Takua in the villager tier, giving him colored hands wouldn’t make sense, as those seem to imply some degree of closer association to an element.
Feel free to bash all of those choices, I’m not sure how to feel about them myself.
Just keep the mods happy, eh?

42 Likes

This looks pretty good in my opinion. I love how you were able to turn the Mask of Earth Takua blue. It looks really good. Also I find it interesting that you went with a gearbox build instead of a protector build. But either way, I like it. Can you do Jaller next? I won’t get mad if you don’t want to though.

6 Likes

Takua’s such a special little guy, the least I could do was let him have the swingy swang!
I really took a leap of faith with the mask, I wasn’t sure how the color was gonna come through in the end, but I like it too! That’s the best paint job out of the bunch for whatever reason ovo Too bad we don’t have orange brain pieces…
I could do Jaller too! Wouldn’t take too much extra work ^ ^

7 Likes

This is spot on! The bulky design really gives me some 03’ Matoran vibes given how that design made the Matoran look stronger.

6 Likes

Thank you! I guess I should put a kolhii hammer together for him XD
That’d be 100% retro

3 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

That mask is painted beautifully. It’s a simple enough MOC, but I like it.

5 Likes

HERESY
oh wait

nevermind
is rly gud
especially those medium size blue shells
mmmm

8 Likes

This is really good looking! Good job! I love it! :smile:

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

No… WAY! Lego actually encourages it!? What?

5 Likes

Oh Wow.

Takua got ripped.

3 Likes

yay another TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

4 Likes

Playing Kolhii gets you swolhii

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m so happy about that. Painting is confirmed a Legal Building Technique. :smile:

3 Likes

Not sure if you’re imitating Teridax or Jaller XD

2 Likes

THE BULK!

I approve!

2 Likes

It’s simple, but it works. Good job! It’s very clearly Takua, and also very clearly Gen 2.

Also, TAKUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAA

3 Likes

To think I was going to put ‘‘warning: non purist methods’’ in the title :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

HEY THAT’S MY SAYING WHEN IT COMES TO TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MOCS

2 Likes

I think that honor belongs to Jaller.

2 Likes