Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Fantasy RP sign-up

Well guess what? I didn’t manage to fully complete the post before a two hour long French class and had to postpone it becoming real significantly :pensive:

Also, there is an important bit of Wohlford family lore that I need to emphasise in light of recent events, as it might help the crew understand what’s the deal with the boat.

The business that generations of Wohlfords ran for centuries was the biggest and most famous shipbuilding company in the entirety of the Armada, until old man Gorov caused it to collapse on itself almost two decades ago. (The usual kind of trolling he’s famous for)
Now this name doesn’t mean much to the general public, but old characters like Mariner and Tharos are certainly aware of it, the people who ran it and its excellent reputation before its downfall. Mariner might have even known some of Ari’s ancestors personally because he’s Mariner, but that’s fully up to you Winterstorm.

As for the player characters,
Rook and Karl were alive when the company was still a thing, so they probably know of it (mostly Rook though because his field of work was tied to ships [@Atobe_Brick post in togav]), Alexis doesn’t remember anything about the past, and everyone else could have only heard stories about it.

9 Likes

You mean the kind and courteous young man who he is possibly in the process of adopting? No must be the kidnappers fault.

Tharos isn’t all that old, I don’t remember if I posted his exact age but he’s pretty young.

4 Likes

I guess he never made it to the boat :pensive:

Dolphus finding ways to unintentionally make every single person in the entire rp his enemy

And neither can I :dizzy_face: this sounds like the most fake performance ever and will convince absolutely no one :pensive:
which is entirely in line with her character and makes the scene fun, so good job :goo: :+1:

Ari going at this guy with everything she has while Dolphus cries on the ground (1630, colorized)

@N01InParticular you haven’t killed Tharos yet :eye: :eye:

4 Likes

There goes my mental image of him.
I suppose that’s what I get for joining the RP so late in the game. Some details slip past me :pensive:

Oisli, my friend, there is no need to thank me for something I didn’t do. Even though I had a solid justification called life, I still took 19 whole hours to reply.
The fact that I’m in a different timezone doesn’t mean that less time passed on my end between your post and my response.

How does he know in-universe that a person whom he never met in his entire life and who is currently miles away from him is endangering their own life at this very moment (maybe not even at this very moment, but in the future, because the plotline that’s currently developing on the shore is probably lagging behind in terms of the timeline compared to Ari and Dolphus’s adventure, considering just how little happened in it so far)?

The footprints towards the boat or the footprints towards the forest? If it’s the former, then your post is redundant because I already told you what Mako finds in the boat. If it’s the latter then my response is redundant because you ignored all the info that I provided you with (and that you asked me to provide you with) and made Mako do what you could have made him do 20 hours ago without my interference.

It’s funny because canonically this size difference is reversed

8 Likes

he doesn’t. that was actually unintentional

2 Likes

Eeurgh cough haack wheeurgh

Actually, that’s a good question: how tall is this guy? :thinking:

3 Likes

About average height 5’10" ish

3 Likes

Ghid when he has to repeatedly lie to himself and say the average has always been and will always be 6’0 and that’s he’s not watching tall people die around him constantly

:goo:

3 Likes

Average height in the Legion is about 6’3" if it makes you feel better.

3 Likes

:relieved:

I can die happy :goo:

3 Likes

Apologies. Sorry for this little mix-up how would you like me to solve it?

2 Likes

not my decision, man

you could have mako actually check out the boat, since I don’t think Nota/Winter is going to let Mako just break into the tense scene without immediately getting shot to death

4 Likes

sounds good. will do. I DID IT

4 Likes

The coldest man on the planet :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

I edited my latest post, to add some ambiguity to the fate of Nico

@Rukah I notice you’re still liking all the posts in the RP, are you still interested in participating?

3 Likes

I’d definitely like to but I’ve been so busy lately I haven’t had time to get out a post

3 Likes

Start a post and work on it every so often. That way, if it takes you two or three days to find the time to complete, you’re still up to date on everything and can tailor things at the end to follow current events. :sunglasses: :+1:

4 Likes

Smart :thinking:

4 Likes

Equally as smart, be part of TOGAV which doesn’t move fast enough for you to miss anything :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Y’know I’m kind of surprised there was actually a real orchard :thinking: With how much sussiness Captain Althain was slinging around I wasn’t sure what to expect

But now I have to wonder why there’s a cottage and an orchard on an otherwise completely empty island in the middle of the sea :imp:

Ari is about to beat these two men to death and then eat a copious amount of fruit she didn’t ask permission to take isn’t she :smirk:

3 Likes