Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Fantasy RP sign-up

perhaps they literally go down with the ship and that’s why they’re working so fast to fix it?

4 Likes

Mast isn’t fixed quite yet, but Tharos did get them it’s replacement it’ll certainly be fitted by the time they get out the woods.

4 Likes

Waiting for one more Mako post before I post :goo:

:thinking:

Perhaps… But that only makes me want to destroy the Caelin’s Hand even more :goo: :goo: :goo:

4 Likes

I assume they used parts of Ari’s crashed boat, right?

So, Ari’ll only need to repair the worst part of the damage, the messed up keel, right? which is tricky since old ships were basically built around it, so it’s not something that you can just easily replace without fully taking apart the entire hull. Seems like a job fit for a really good shipwright :smirk:

Also, the ship is beached I think, so dragging it back into water will be a challenge for the entire crew

Can we not teleport them to the beach for a bit, okay? There’s still one small dialogue with Dolphus that I’d like Ari to have before they meet up with the others

Since Tharos is basically controlling them, I assume that they go down as soon as he goes down.
I can’t wait till this happens and the crew has to completely rely on their own skills, instead of a bunch of funny dead guys :smirk:

5 Likes

Or by completing repairs by high tide :wink:

Take ya time

Perhaps

4 Likes

Oh hey, that’s the second option I was thinking about. I just didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to assume that it wasn’t high tide already

:eye_in_speech_bubble: :eye_in_speech_bubble:

We’re getting closer to the truth :smirk:

4 Likes

You have Ari, who’s really strong, Mariner, who’s significantly stronger than Ari, an unknown amount of ghost sailors who have alredy survived just fine under the water, and literally nobody else because anyone else on the crew is either a string bean or doesn’t have two hands (or both, amirite dolphus haha stupid orphan :smirk: mods this is a joke)

so yeah, we’re doomed :goo:

unokay :triumph:

me when he teleports my dolphus (a crime greater than murder)

but that doesn’t make sense, Tharos snuck aboard for the funny and wasn’t even supposed to be there :imp:

4 Likes

but there’s also this

I doubt that he’d be lying here, trying to show off in front of Alexis :smirk:

4 Likes

I considered that, but Mariner (and Tharwin by extension) was counting on there being armored dead on board the Caelin’s Hand before it sailed, meaning they couldn’t have been relying on Tharos specifically. Also Mariner summoned then with a clap of his hands all on his own, so I don’t understand :dizzy_face:

Oh no.

Is… is this what a theorizer feels like?

4 Likes

One of us, one of us

3 Likes

I hope you all are enjoying your theories. I am being intentionally vague because I’m enjoying them.

Ok, so basically Tharwyn summoned them to serve as the crew. However Tharos isn’t wrong, they’re honour bound to follow a priest of the Hearthtemple. The exact identity of the priest isn’t the concern

Also Mariner sorta just woke them up, rather than summoned them.

The crew is bound to the ship itself, so long as the Caelin’s hand sails they serve.

@NOTaHFfan

4 Likes

me when I write TWM/Bo_ :smirk:

Ari unintentionally providing the consolation and kind words Dolphus desperately wants to hear from Alexis :smirk:

Now Dolphus has three people he’s attached to in some unhealthy fashion: Alexis is alike enough to his mother that he projects qualities onto her she clearly does not possess and hopes to traumadump everything to her, Mariner found out about the wing and was already acting extremely protective of Dolphus making interactions very awkward, and now Ari knows about the wing and made the horrible mistake of being vulnerable around Dolphus as well.

This will obviously have no ramifications in any way :goo:

4 Likes

The difference is

Two of those. “You’re too young to handle danger”

The third. “Yo squid slayer, when ya gonna go fight a real monster.”

4 Likes

All the time, yes :pensive:

So they go down with the ship indeed, Rukah was right (Rukah where is this post of yours, I know you’re seeing this message, I see you fave it :eye_in_speech_bubble: :eye_in_speech_bubble:)

We do a little planting of seeds for the eventual disaster to come :smirk:

Not at all :smirk:

Bruh

The clearing that Ghid talked about in his post is the clearing in the forest where they met the Armadan Captain. They’re still quite a long way away from the beach

5 Likes

Ooops

2 Likes

Hehe knew it

I’m working on it :eyes:

1 Like

I would guess they’re maybe half the distance at this point, seeing as Ari got there by sprinting, but I guess that’s a Winter call to make :man_shrugging: :shrimp: :seat:

BoT reference? :thinking:

4 Likes

We’re doing a little sneaky Ari lore expanding :smirk:

If you combine this with the dream sequence, you should be able to figure out who this is

Winter, I remember you wrote something about some kind of ruins being present next to the shoreline of the island. If you intended them to be something relevant (until I derailed everything by making Ari mindlessly dash through the forest [I am terribly sorry]), it would be the perfect opportunity for them to take the wrong direction and end up right next to them :smirk:

5 Likes

The ruins dot all over le Island

Dolphus hit some of the plot relevance already tbf

4 Likes

:open_mouth: oooh

4 Likes