Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Main RP Topic

Dolphus was barely able to tear his eyes off Alexis long enough to send a puzzled glare towards Ari, only lasting for half a second. She’s trying to find something out… Her prying is too obvious. Too may little signs. What exactly I don’t know, but-

As he looked back. Alexis seemed to have jumped forward considerably, so it was with a start that Dolphus took in her immediate reaction to his presence.

Dolphus could feel his throat locked as he leaned back, unsure what she was scanning him for. He looked down briefly to ensure the blood-stained part of his shirt was sufficiently hidden by his vest, spending just a moment too long inspecting his wardrobe before Alexis embraced him in a… Hug… maybe.

A flurry of thoughts bombarded him, in roughly this order: She’s actually hugging me… No she isn’t, she’s barely touching my cape and nothing else… Is this some kind of punishment? Does she know? I guess I deserve this kind of treatment… Okay maybe it’s better that she doesn’t I don’t want her finding out about the wing just yet and causing a scene, do I need to tuck it in more?

So as Alexis finished the hug she may have noticed Dolphus’ body crumple slightly as it tried to avoid contact on his left side. But if this was indicative of him possibly abhorring contact, her next action demolished that notion altogether.

Dolphus’ cheeks flushed slightly upon hearing her relief and the following compliment, the mask showing some of the emotion lying underneath. But as she tousled his hair briefly, the mask exploded into a million tiny shards, flying out and sparking in all directions as his lips parted and eyes glowed.

It happened. His flushed cheeks cleared instantly, settling into a ruddy glow as his pupils slowly increased in diameter. For the first time in a while, his brow relaxed, all but losing the wrinkle in between as the sounds of the shore died away in an instant. The only thoughts that entered his mind were to tell her his deepest fears, his most well-kept secrets, all the pains hidden in his heart, but just enough of the real world remained within his vision to keep him grounded in his aspirations.

The wing.

It was no longer a wretched thing, some abomination grafted onto him like a curse, but was a gift, a jewel, something so dear and so precious that rather than hide it from the world in fear, it had to be guarded and shown only to those he trusted the most.

You have to show her.

Were it not for the rest of the world, with all its ghost sailors and giant murder women, he might have thrown the cape off right then. But it was enough to continue staring in awe at her as she, unlike the emotionally distraught child he was, continued behaving like a rational adult.

OOC: We’re so back :goo: :goo: :goo:

3 Likes