Tarak the Sullen

Because of the colors, all I can think of is the Melding Teridax.

1 Like

yeah…

2 Likes

Is it though?

As far as I see it:
Lower legs: Very smooth
Thighs: Pretty smooth
Crotch: Smooth
Butt: Smooth
Shoulders: Smooth
Back: Smooth hockey helmet under those spare weapons.
Arms: Aside from metru armor, pretty smooth, there’s even a plain panel for an arm guard to match the smoothness of other body parts.

Honestly, what’s wrong with a bit of smoothness? The way people talk about texture makes me think every moc needs to have the skin of Wade Wilson and be just as pretty.

I prefer smoothness in this case for his ‘knight armor’ theme. Heck, I even added smaller panels for the chest to break the plainness and give that ‘texture’ you crave for. Guess you can’t grow into it as much as I did, but that’s your opinion I suppose.

More like The Texture Virtues Channel… People can’t even define it comprehensively. /s

Oh no, I ain’t making the hunchback of Notre Dame. The pauldron takes a good bit of space and even as it is has very limited movement. Raising the shoulders would put it on level with the top of the head. It wouldn’t be a pauldron anymore, it’d be hunch protection.

I think if you added just a couple of white claws to the chest it would fix the problem we have with it

Sorta. Most of it is smooth, but the smooth bits have small details that keep it from being entirely smooth.

Lower legs: mostly smooth, but has the rivets and panel lines on the knight shin armor, and the triangle in the piece above that.
Thighs: The front panel is smooth, but the rest of it is less so, with the 2015 add on and the rest of it being technic bits.
Crotch: The CCBS is smooth, but then we get to the slizer feet which has the gaps and the technic holes
Butt: The mata foot has ridges on the side, and the nuva shoulders have the two gaps.
Shoulders: Is this refering to the upper torso, the arm shoulders, or something else? Because the arm shoulders seem to be covered in arms…
Back: It’s covered with pretty detailed golden spikes…
Arms: Metru shoulder armor and metru lower arm armor is pretty detailed.

No, but it has to be cohesive and mostly uniform through out. Maybe if it were a bit smaller it would look better.

Having texture isn’t what I’m saying. Cohesive texture.[quote=“Monarth, post:24, topic:38856”]
Oh no, I ain’t making the hunchback of Notre Dame. The pauldron takes a good bit of space and even as it is has very limited movement. Raising the shoulders would put it on level with the top of the head. It wouldn’t be a pauldron anymore, it’d be hunch protection.
[/quote]

Imo it sorta already looks hunchbacked. But I see what you mean. Although I still think you could make it Work.

You’re expecting a bit much from me.

Probably, given enough time. But it wouldn’t be fun anymore.

Ehh, G1 parts aren’t the best for cohesiveness…

Yeah. What do you mean by fun?

No offense @Omega_Tahu but why can’t we just let the guy make the moc the way he wants?

The reason I moc: Because it’s fun. I get the kicks out of making a new character, giving it personality and a story. It’s my joy and I like being casual about it.

Should I feel pressure to be ‘perfect’ or ‘pro’ and delve into the smallest details on a moc would be more of a burden than a joy. It’d take more time than I’d like. Especially since I prefer to move onto new mocs than linger on the old. So many ideas to execute, but even now I can’t make them at the pace I’d wish to.

Because I’m offering critique to try and help him improve his moc.

Oh. I thought it was a function or something.

Yeah but you might be giving too much critique.

And that is a problem how?

I feel like you’re just being too critical, and it’s a problem because he can make the moc however he wants and if he wants to make it smooth than let him.
I dont want to make any enemies so I’m going to leave this conversation.

You won’t. It’s normal to voice your opinions here.

Looks amazing. I love it.

2 Likes

I’m not saying he can’t make it smooth. He could even go the opposite route I suggest, and get rid of the other textures. All I’m trying to do is help him improve.

1 Like

Ok thanks.

I see that but it’s his style, he can do it how ever he wants. I know it’s none of my business but cut him some slack.

Edited for double-post. --John Smith

1 Like

like I said, I think just two little white claws could fit the problem of the chest being too flat

http://cache.lego.com/media/bricks/5/2/4566256.jpg

^ these

I don’t really know what else I can say except I’m trying to help…

That about sums it. I like to challenge the mocing norms people spout about, it’s what makes my style unique to myself and it’s what I’d like to be admired for, seeing that I’ve been bio-mocing for 10 years now. (10th mocaversary on July 27th)

That’s how I personally admire the mocers I admire. I appreciate what makes their style unique and wouldn’t go about spouting to change it. I take their difference as a learning experience and apply to my own mocs from them what I deem fit.

I definitely appreciate the feedback and I try to always be open-minded to suggestions when I see a fair point. However, I’m not really a revamping type of person, so whatever I learn is reserved for future mocs. So I’ll likely improve based on the feedback, but it won’t be easy to notice, as I’m unlikely to repeat a design so soon.

1 Like

I understand you’re trying to help, I’m sorry if I seemed hostile at the time. I was a little irritated about something else, apologies for any offense.

1 Like