Tekan - Toa of Shadow, unofficial (and reluctant) leader of the Misfits/Toa-Unknown

Ha-ha! Told you all I had to do was finish up that recolour before I could moc him!

So yep, final post for this guy, not uploading anymore and yes, I do realize I should’ve made a seperate W.I.P. Topic for his other 3 versions, might do that still.
Also, yes I realize his shoulders make people think of Von-Nebula and that the blue sticks out, but here’s the thing, until it hits summer I can’t do anything’ll about that, can’t spray paint them and I’m not painting them with the model paints like I did everything else (it keeps scratching!). So yeah, you’ll have to wait for that.

Also, especially I realize he still still has a good amount of just recoloured and modifed Takanuva’s pieces but here’s the thing, even if I had mocced him fro my scratch I would’ve been either ended up building most of those like that or having worse parts ‘cause here’s the thing, these are the best designs for Titans.
Kelt used examples of 2008 Takanuva in him, from his feet to his arms and legs, heck even my other titan has lots of examples in her too.
Why? Because they’re both the best working designs, they have the best porpotional size, they look the best, they move the best.

So yes, he would’ve still enjoyed ended up like this anyways or haven’t looked a whole lot worse.

===========

Also, I finally used Dume’s mask of power! Yes!

===========

“Shadows have always been a force to reckon with, as long as there is light there are shadows, but with that much power there is a price, no one being can control it all or at least none that has been created. The power of shadows has always been one that cannot be fully wielded by one being, there have been many masks that give some form of control but none like the Kraahkan, a mask of such power only a being with a will greater than nigh all can wield it, that has always been a mask that no other exists and so far only two have wield, or has it? The Kraahkan has always been known as the ultimate mask of shadows yet abilities are missing, abilities that have been seen in lesser versions, why? Why would this mask have such control yet still be missing powers? What if it wasn’t the only? What if there had had been a brother mask? One that had the missing powers yet still required the same amount of will? Whatever happened to it and its wielder? Why did they not stand with Teridax as the rulers of the Makuta’s? Many myths have been told but none proven true, until now.
Listen as I tell you of the tale of the second Kraahkan, the Makuta who wielded it and what to reveal their tale, let me tell you the tale of the second wielder, let me tell you the tale of Tekan.”

Name: Tekan
Element: Shadows
Mask: Black Avohkii shaped Kraahkan
Description: Tekan is tall, even for a toa, standing around the height of Axonn or brutaka, maybe even taller. He is covered in pitch black armour with piercing dark green eyes, large clawed fingers, feet and spiked shoulders. He is a slightly bulky individual, built more for defence and power than speed and agility. (He’s essentially a modded Titan shadow Takanuva who’s parts have been switched out for black ones, maybe a bit taller and with a few more amour pieces and spiked shoulder covers).

He carries a large scythe and sometimes wears a large, tattered cloak.

He gives off a shadowy, intimidating aura that makes it difficult for those who don’t know him to approach him but those who do are used to it.

He mainly fights with his scythe, even being able to direct shadow attacks through it. His typically fighting strategist are either low sweeps with his scythe to disable legs or large swipes to extremly injure whatever part he hits. He has been known to be able to cut a rahkshi in half, vertically but that requires a lucky hit to be able to hit something moving at the correct angle. His main use of shadow energy is either loading it into the scythes blade which he then slams into the ground, sending out a shockwave of darkness, throwing shadow balls from his hands or moving through shadows to avoid attacks, while these are not all of the abilities he can use they are the main ones.

Backstory: Tekans story stretches back farther than one would guess or ever believe, it streches back farther than the fall of metru-nui, farther than mata-nui’s fall, farther than when he was a matoran, even farther than before the bionicle truly came around, but that is a story for another time.
Tekan first appeared at the same time as Takua, back when Metru-nui was still in peace and Lhikan had yet to fall. His arrival while like any matorans, appearing near the edge of metru-nui, near the sea (going with a mild theory/popular comic idea), was also quite different, while it was not strange for matoran to appear at the same time it was very rsare for them to show up in the same spot or at least very close to another, that for him wasnt even the strangest, no his was what he looked like, all matoran are different, no two perfectly alike always with some difference, yet with him he was almost a perfect copy of Takua, just with slightly darker colours, green eyes, something never before seen in a matoran of fire and taller, even if not by to much, yet all matoran were of the same height, or around while he passed it by enough to be visibly taller.

He and Takua hit it off quite fast, quickly becoming friends, both loved to explore, while takua did it to find new stories Tekan, back then known as Tek, alwyas did it for the adventure, adoring being able to find new, exciting and possibly unknown things. He was also quite an inventor, always making tools and items that made exploring easier. Unlike Takua he was much, much more of a trouble maker, going out of his way to pester the vahi and help other matoran escape from them, being nearly permanently on the run himslef, he found himself in trouble with Dume quite a lot but he never cared.
One day when he had been exploring he found a ruined temple with a massive hidden tunnel within, leading deep straight down. While he trried to convince Takua to come with him he was busy at the time and couldn’t so Tek went by himself. After he reached the bottom he found what appeared to be an altar with a black mask attached to it. As he saw the mask he could hear shadowy voices telling him, influencing him to pick it up and put it on. As he removced the mask from the altar the tunnel suddenly started to shake, collapsing around him, the last thing he saw was a large stone falling on him before he felt a surge of energy, then nothing.

Later he woke up to find himself entrapped underground, somehow alive and in a mildly spacious, stone encased bubble basically, while he panicked over being stuck and wonderd how he was alive he heard a voice start speaking to him. As he listened to it, after his initial surprise, he learned that the mask he had found was a second Kraahkan mata-nui had made for Makuta Xadiret (pronoucned Za-Dur-Et) essentially makuta Teridax’s brother. As he listened he learned about the Makuta’s betrayal of mata-nui, and that Xadiret had been one of the few that hadn’t betrayed mata-nui and had had his essence sealed away within his mask, which was then hidden, as punishment, seeing as how two Kraahkan’s had to be active at all times (makuta teridaxs mask kind if became infused with him from what I can tell and in this world he still exists) or else the other would either not function or destroy the other wearers mind, and no others had the will to wield his.

Due to him being a matoran he could not use all of the Kraahkans powers but managed to shadow warp himself out of the hole, at the cost of greatly weakening him for a time. Once he emerged he discovered that his form had been changed by the mask, his body now a shadowy black and his mask changed, he also learned he had been gone for years and many had forgotten him or believed dead. The time he emerged was after Makuta had taken over dume, a small while before Lihkan later fell, the vahi discreetly spiriting away matoran for years. While he tried to help, doing so he caught Makuta’s attention, being captured by Teridax who was interested to see a matoran who could wield his brothers mask. He experimented on Tekan until he was taken down by the toa-metru, trying to make him into the perfect servant and to see how he had the will to use a great mask. He partially succeeded in the servant part, managing to infect Tekan with a virus/infection that forced him to obey Teridax’s commands, what Teridax didnt know was that Tek still had free will, being able to use any loopholes he could find in the commands he could find. After Teridax fell Tekan was stuck on Metru-nui until roodaka and Sidorak took over, later capturing him and roodaka managing to get a working command from Teridax that forced him to obey her. He did try to help the toa-Hordika when he met them but he couldnt do much but give them advice whe he could, roodaka bein much better at avoiding loophole commands.

After Teridax was released he captured Tekan and brought him to Mata-nui, forcing him to lead attacks on villages with masked rahi, spawning many rumors of a strange black matoran, luckily he had yet to notice Tekan’s free will, so many of the raids he did ended with little to no casualties or just failed. After one of his failures Teridax swatted him across his lair, causing him to slam nearly head first into one of the rhahkshi tubes he hand near the pool of energized protodermis, damaaging the virus he had in Tek, but while he was woozy he slipped and fell into one of the pools.Teridax didn’t care despite losing his servant but did want to see what he turned into, when Tek didnt emerge he assumed him drowned and left him for dead, leaving to check on one of his experiments. If he had stayed for just a second longer he would have seen a large clawed hand emerg from the pool, as a chnaged Tek pulled himself out, the energized protodermis giving him the energy needed to become a toa.
After he escaped he wandered around, helping the villages and matoran when he could until he later met the toa, who he convinced he wasn’t evil and teamed up with, later meeting Takanuva, who he knew as his best friend, yet who no longer recognized him and distrusted him the most. He was a friend of theirs and helped them fight Teridax and such until a later date when he suffered a terrible betrayal at the hands of all of them, led by Takanuva. After that he wandered the islands, meeting new toa and matoran as he did, even forming team for a bit until the cataclysm happened.

Personality: When Tekan is around others he doesn’t know he tends to stay in a very blank state, facial and emotional wise. When hes with people he does know he Is generally happy, sad or angry dependet on the situation, he rarely shows a different one other than amusement.
He has a tendency to blame himself for a lot of stuff and will sometimes hurt himself (not in the suicidal way, you’ll see how if anything happens that would cause him to)if he hurts a close friend or fails to protect one.

He has a Makuta side that will come out if someone hurts one of his friends or him, the Makuta side will generally seriously injure the attacker and will kill if he doesn’t get in control fast enough or someone doesn’t stop him.

Attributes: He carries a great hate for the makuta, Teridax especially and will kill them if given the chance, despite the toa code saying otherwise, he does follow it somewhat, mainly out of respect, but not all of it due to past betrayals and his own belief that he does not deserve the title of toa.
He also carries many mental and physical scars from his years of being experimented on and servitude to Teridax. His body is heavliy scarred along with his armour, which is still surprisingly strong and intact. He has a great dislike of loud, piercing sounds, to the point that he will leave an area unless the sound is stopped, from a time when Teridax experimented on him to see how long a matoran could survive in a bohrok-va’s sound bubble before they succumbed to unconsciousness. His other main fears are of drowning and vhisorak and other spider like rahi.

Weapons: Scythe, mask powers, claws

Mask power: shadows, known abilities so far are: being able to move through any shadows, of any size, in the world but the distance he can move is limited and he can’t see through them like Teridax so any shifts he does will be blind basically unless he knows of the area he’s going to, has gone there, and the shadows he knows about are still there. This is the main reason he wears a cloak, allowing him to move parts of his body from inside the cloaks shadowed interior avoiding attacks, he can still be hit and this is not a perfect defence, it is not an immediate ■■■■■ and this reveals his inner bits to attacks.
Being able to charge his scythes blade with shadow energy and release it, creating shadow shockwaves.

Being able to form shadow balls which he can throw and shoot.

Being able to form basic physical, weapons/items from shadows but they are released when he lets them go. He could possibly make controllable shadow tentacles from this ability but it would be very draining.

His mask contains Makuta Xadiret who can talk to him and through him if he allows for it.

=======

Yes this is all being worked on! It’s an old backstory!

==========

Poses, views, quotes and related:

Front:

Right:

Back:

Shoulder pads - unfolded:

Ha-ha! So yeah, I enjoyed the shoulder pad look from the W.I.P.’s and had to add it in, I also made it able to rotate and fold up! So, coolio!

Pose & Qoute - 1: Fight

“Come, bring forth your best in challenge if your wish is to bring me to fall.”

Pose & Qoute - 2: Losing control

“AAGGGHHHH!!!”

Pose & Qoute - 3: Animalistic

”RAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!””

So yeah, got some comments about the ‘Makuta’ side and all, in truth it’s just some leftovers from Teridax’s experiments that can set him off into a more animalistic state, situation dependent, where he can endure more damage due to adrenaline and rage (Think a barbarian/blood rage).
But he loses quite a lot of his reasoning/thinking abilites and becomes much easier to ‘trick’ and/or trap.

=======

Also, have another glasses pic!

“So… where’s the thing you’re trying to show me again?”

14 Likes

You definitely improved on the shoulders, but they’re still gappy.

1 Like

Ja but o don’t really know what to do about those without giving them this really, really weird extension that look so even worse, kinda why I kept the shoulderpads.
Probably going to have to buy specific parts or something.
Glad he’s liked and that I improved him!

1 Like

I would remove the shoulder pads and redo the by attaching different pads to the arm.

1 Like

I want to but can’t really, I don’t have any pieces thallium really feels fit in there’s currently, I mean, I’ll look and make sure but currently I’m pretty certain I can’t.
Also, aww too bad. I quite like the shoulder pads, they look cool. But, yeah I can change em if I find better pieces (they’re also used to emphasize his shoulder size cause without them below his head is really, really flat and weird looking).

So, got any piece recommendations for what to use?

1 Like

I love the picture with the glasses.

He’s definitely improved, but there are some things that should be worked on. I’d get rid of the spikes on the shoulders or are more spikes at least. If you got rid of them the bohrok face could come down lower and it would look way smoother. If you add more spikes there would be a more cohesive design. If you have more blue, a tad of that could help too

1 Like

Ah thanks… hmm… I’m thinking both more spikes but also lowering them a touch/rounding out the top ones for the Bohrok shield to lower more, like the idea. As for the blue, don’t worry about that, I’m spray painting the hose stupid spikes the minute I can (unless I change them out).

Glad to see you like him and found the glasses funny! I do too! XD

My moms really crafty and such so she’s always getting/making new weird little things and recently she came home with this little bag of paper hole strengtheners in the shapes of glasses, a few of which actually match up with my own, and I couldn’t help but think of what it’d be like if Tekan also needed glasses seeing as how he’s my self moc and I need them myself!
There will actually be an upgrade to them soon! Gonna make some handles for them to make em fit better, look better and add some more stability points.

Thanks!

=P

1 Like

I would try some CCBS pieces, probably some of the textured ones.

1 Like

Eeehhh, yeah see I would but I’m kind of trying to honour the fact that I came up with Tekans idea before HF came out, you know, to show that he’s an ‘old’ moc and also because I already made and HF-ized version of Tekan… which was kinda bad, so now I want a fully Bionicle one to go with the fully HF one.

=P

1 Like

I would just bulk up the top of the arms and leave out the pads. The only reason I don’t like them, though, is because they create a pretty big gap.

1 Like

Ja, ditto on that, it’s kinda why I also want to fill up the shoulders/change up the spikes, you know, remove said gap basically.

1 Like

the scythe is to long for my taste

1 Like

Eh I am going to try and rebuild it soonish but it’s probably going to be similar height, I mean, scythes usually are pretty tall, right?

1 Like

The blade, though…

1 Like

I Know! I hate it too! Arggh! I just have no idea what to switch it out with! Any part ideas?

1 Like

I would go for something straighter.

1 Like

Might have a few pieces for that then, I’ll put up the designs later.
Let me know what you think of ‘em when I do.

Hmm, the arms are too long and the head looks too small. Other than that this is pretty sweet.

2 Likes

Oh… now that you pint the arms out I can really see them… crap, gotta fix that… later. Kinda odd seeing as how he’s basically the same height as 2008 Takanuva and while his arms have been modified they shouldn’t be to elongated… weird.

As for the mask, yeah, I hate the Titan form of it (the mouth is so stupidly huge!) so I’m going to try and get a custom printed version of the normal Avohkii but in a larger size.

Thanks, glad you like him!

1 Like