Tell Me Your Weird Stories

Tell me your weird stories from events, outings, conventions, etc that have you experienced.

1 Like

Do sleep deprivation stories count? I’ve got a ton of those.

4 Likes

I once had a dream that I got super invested in a message board of nerds obsessed with a discontinued toy line. Absurd, right?

14 Likes

Oh my. I thought I was the only one!

4 Likes

Now that I think about it, I do remember a crazy child with sunglasses chasing me with a gun!

6 Likes

Yep that’s fine. :+1:

1 Like

Be grateful you didn’t dream about starting a YouTube channel, now that would be sad…

Last year we moved a friend’s sofa by hand via a busy road, so naturally we took some time to plonk it on the pavement, sit down, and confuse the hell out of the local drivers.

6 Likes

Alright, so almost all of them involve seeing things. A lot of times when it’s past 4 am I start seeing shadow figures from the corner of my eyes. Even if the lights are on, I still them from time to time, and they always manage to scare the ■■■■ out of me. There was this one time where I was doing work and had my earbuds in to keep me up. I have my computer in my room and to the right of it is the door a few feet away. So I’m just there doing work and listening to music, focused on my screen. I got to a track that had some pauses and was relatively slow paced. I turned to my phone to skip it and that’s when it happened. I swore I saw my door open and so I jumped from my chair. My heart was racing. I was about to yell, but it was long past midnight so I kept it in my head.
When I wasn’t seeing things in the dark, I was forgetting stuff. I once left the bathroom light on and when I walked past the door I thought someone in there. I didn’t hear anyone open it so I freaked out. Another time, I was in the kitchen to grab a bowl of cereal at night. When I was done pouring the cereal and milk, my brain malfunctioned and so I put the cereal box in the fridge and the gallon of milk on top of the fridge. I didn’t notice what I did until I came back into the kitchen to leave the bowl in the sink. I was confused for a minute until I realized I put them in the wrong places.
Moral of the story, don’t do it.

4 Likes

Once I was leaning on my older brother.

It wasn’t my brother.

4 Likes

I do that too for example I sometimes almost throw away things like dishes.

:hushed:

2 Likes

for real tho insomnia-induced hallucinations are the spice of life

1 Like

I once got a nosebleed from using my nose to roll a potato across a carpet.

I might have made someone develop a crush on me (which I later reciprocated) by hitting her in the chest by accident.

I have made eye contact with a coworker through a glass door and then licked said door.

4 Likes

one time there was a stray kitten

i took it

it’s mine now

6 Likes

One time when I was younger (a lot younger) I was at the beach, which in my case was a very rocky beach, and so I was climbing rocks and stuff and I fell off one and hit my head, really bad, anyways the next morning, after I had cried myself to sleep (I was really young ok) I woke up and my pillow was stuck to my head, maybe that’s way I like Bionicle…

6 Likes

the Kanohi Piloh: Mask of slumber

4 Likes

Oof. :no_mouth:

1 Like

An old lady fussed at me for standing in the middle of a store isle (I was not, it was even wide enough for her to go around.)

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I ate ketchup on a banana once, and to this day I firmly believe it tasted like poisonous flowers. I do not, however, have personal experience with poisonous flowers to verify this claim.

Everything about this is weird, except the potato thing. That sounds normal. But the rest just makes me wonder: Why did impact instigate attraction? How did the door taste? Did the coworker lick back?

2 Likes

Excuse me what?

2 Likes