Tempest - RP Topic

/INVALID DEFINITION!\NOT DETECTED!/ ERROR! 

“Φ DΩ ΠΩT HUΠGΞR ΦΠ SUCH Δ WΔΨ.”

"Φ DΩ ΠΩT ΦΠGΞST ΓΩΩDS…Φ WΦLL HΩWΞVΞR, RΞQUΦRΞ TΩ HUΠT…“
He waved his hand in the air, a sense of boredom around him.

“Φ ΔM ΦΠCΔPΔΒLΞ ΩΓ ΞΔTΦΠG.” His eyes narrowed. He motioned to his face, noting the lack of a mouth.
“"Φ WΦLL RΞQUΦRΞ ΓUΞL. GΔSΩLΦΠΞ, ΒLΩΩD, ΩΦL, DΦΞSΞL, PΞTRΩL. THΩSΞ WΦLL WΩRK.“

1 Like

“Never better,” Styx gave as answer to the first question, letting go of the belt. To the second she said, “New friend. Way better than Viv ever was. Oh!”

She leaned over to look at the Grim Reaper and the other passengers in the back.

“You still haven’t told me what all you can do.”

2 Likes

“Rude,” Sarah grumbled, “I like Viv,” she said as she drove towards the road, checking for other cars, and flipping on her turn signal.

Pernille looked at her, “I think I said, but I’m sure you saw anyway.”

4 Likes

“You talked about teaching lessons or something. But earlier we - forget it. I’ll learn it later.” Styx said before she registered what Miss Appleton said.

She crossed her arms and sunk back into the seat. A thought came to mind.

“Hey Derek, if your buddy knows so much, what’s the breakfast special?”

2 Likes

Emm seemed to begin to say something, but hesitated, choosing to stay silent over voicing her thoughts. The forest was not a long ways off, and as Dan neared it, several vehicles came into view…

As Cody panics, pulling it off the stove and blowing repeatedly on it to cool it down, Zenn’s eyeline allow her the opportunity, should she choose to take it, to look directly out the kitchen window and see the single eye staring back at her.

Loitering around for a moment too long, the sharp black rectangle with its sole eyeball turned sideways, flattening to an impossible degree as it did so, and disappearing entirely from view.

As she neared the road, the approaching figure of Dan could be seen across the street. Very unsubtly, a blue beetle-like creature was nervously floating alongside him.

“Uhh,” Derek slipped the piece of paper out of his pocket once more before squinting at the contents. “Maybe if you… didn’t wear a choker you could actually swallow the food…?”

“What’s a choker?”

As Will takes a seat at the table, the man behind the counter gives him the most suspicious side glance. Whatever he did - probably existing - had been enough to make him untrustworthy in his eyes.

Was there an eyeball in the shadow of the restroom door a second ago?

4 Likes

Will blinks suddenly and tries (without much success) to look normal. “Waiting for some friends, don’t mind me,” he barks toward the man behind the counter. He taps a finger against the table and leans forward a bit, whispering under his breath.

“USB. Hacker-man. Whatever-your-name-was. Can you go look in that door?”
He flicks his gaze towards the restroom door in question. “Think I saw something down there…”

@Spawner

3 Likes

As Styx is distracted in conversation, she failed to notice the beetle thing across the road. Her eyes more absently focused on the dashboard and her hands. However, this distraction won’t be for long.

Styx almost scowled but just sighed from that response. She turned her head toward the back to ensure her comment would be heard. Though she did not lean forward so her face could be seen.

“See? Told ya. A real know-nothin’. Like you.” Some annoyance slipped into her words.

Then she paused.

“Come on, you’ve got to know what a choker is. Don’t play dumb just so whatshisface looks smart.”

3 Likes

Henderson sighed and slide the snickers bar into his pocket. “I doubt that you will be able to find what you are looking for here without blowing my cover to the feds.” He said has he walked toward the restaurant door.

Although sicking Him a fed boy might be a bit too cruel of a punishment, he thought.

Henderson opens the door and walks in. He sits down at Will’s table, taking no heed to the man behind the counter. “What’s good around here, doc?”

Hacktop: Okay!!! :sparkling_heart:
A strange sound effect fills William’s ears when the text box appears in his vision.

Hacktop focuses the eye of his mind toward the door, scan the area the place beyond to see what he could find. In all honesty, Hacktop himself doesn’t know is it supposed normally, if anything should be there at all. However, considering that this is the first time that his assigned “human” has told him to actively do something, Hacktop reasons that it is probably pretty important.

From Willaim’s perspective, his vision starts to get filled with translucent numbers and odd lines of code, as Hacktop strains himself to scan the restroom door and what is beyond it.

2 Likes

Sarah glances at him, nods, and switches lanes so she doesn’t drive past him. It would be rude, and frankly, not very practical to pick up some strange hobo on the side of the street. Goodness knows she’d had problems with those before living out of a truck.

1 Like

“Huh?” Derek looked back up, having appeared rather hurt by her comment. “Uh, no, I don’t… Help me out here, man.” He whispered uncomfortably close to the paper.

“Ah, uh,” He cleared his throat as he read from the small piece of paper, as new words had written themselves across the face of it. “Choker, I… uh… hardly… know her?”

The man in question didn’t seem the least bit convinced, pretending that he was not eyeing him suspiciously, and was even less so when Henderson walked in.

Pine, mostly glue, painted white. The knob was solid metal and probably would’ve looked better if it hadn’t also been painted white. Perhaps the big crack on the outside would have been less obvious if the white paint used to cover it wasn’t a different white than the door.

The code that filled the crack of the door was only there for a split second, but it was immediately unnatural. Most code in the universe behaved in its typical, complex patterns, changing only under the most extreme of circumstances, like matter changing states. The rest of the time it flowed along, letting Hacktop look at it as much as he liked.

This code stared back.

5 Likes

A short sentence writes itself across her vision, positioned to the side so as to not totally block her sight.

What do you intend to do upon arriving?

At the same moment a different sentences wriggles across Derek’s vision; jagged, bright pink, almost garishly eye-catching.

How does the ManyWing know what we are?

@Ghid

Will looks at Henderson like a deer caught in some particularly large headlights. It takes him another beat to respond. “Uh, don’t know. Not been here before. Haven’t been in town long, actually, I came from up north a day or two ago.”

@Spawner

2 Likes

Her head rolled side and Styx leaned over, twisting her body until she was facing the rear passengers. She didn’t try to lift her head, just let it fall towards the ground until it rested on her shoulders. Eyes half-closed, her face had the unamused, ‘You didn’t seriously just say that,’ look and the empty glare of a bad joke that just killed the party mood. The face of a corpse who suffered a disappointing death.

As her right arm was propped against the seat to keep her from failing over, Styx used her left hand to point at the choker by jabbing her index and middle fingers into her neck. They land near the red garnet that adorns this watch-strap of a necklace. She said nothing for a second or two, as the explanation is obvious. However, if there is no obvious response from Derek, then Styx explained further.

“It’s this.” She droned.

2 Likes

He gazed at the various cars and trucks. “Well, I guess this means we’re close, right?”

Dan. Look at yourself. You’re going insane, because that is a GIANT BUG in your hand!

He tore at his neck for a second, pulling out some fried wires.
“-There we are, that’s better…” He shifted his gaze back on Henderson.
Then I suppose we can see if physical matter can sustain me…” He rolled his eyes as Henderson walked in.

Way to go being subtle. If the feds really wanted you, they’d have no trouble.
He wished he had expressions.
This forsaken mask…I hate it. I wish I at least had a-
He looked down at his hands.
Wait! That’s perfect!

Before he enacted his ‘master’ plan, his eyes narrowed as he glared in through the window nearest to Henderson.
Wonderful. He’s basically like us. Except he’s still human and has free will and understand complex emotions and actually probably had a bright future before he was whipped up in this mess. Keep up, Syn.

3 Likes
5 Likes