TF-Beast Wars Reimagined: Predacon-Megatron

So recently, I got this idea to re-interpret the original Beast Wars TV show via fan arts that showcases how I would like to imagine the characters in a hypothetical big-budget, live-action reboot of the series.
So this is my first attempt at redesigning the elegant & sophisticated tyrant of the Predacons in his beast mode.
I changed his beast mode to a smaller-sized but similarly built close relative of T-rex called Nanuqsaurus.
It was only half the size of the well-known tyrant lizard king (around 5-6 meters long and weighed between 500-900 kilograms.), but it still retained most aspects of its later cousin.
I chose this critter for Megatron’s beast form because his arch-nemesis Optimus Primal would never stand a chance in a fight with him if he transformed into a regular gorilla.
Since an adult T-rex was nearly 13 meters long and weighed around 8 tons, it would be simply oversized compared to the rest of the cast.
Plus, we had seen numerous versions of tyrannosaurs rex in various media, so why shouldn’t one of its lesser-known relatives get a chance to be introduced to the audience?
Anyway, it’s not the final or finished concept for what I have in mind!
At the moment, it’s just a blueprint of how I plan to design his new look in the next step. (which I want to make in Photoshop instead of illustrator.)

So, how do you like it? :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

nicely done!

1 Like

Thank you! :+1:

defiantly would make more sense for him to be a smaller species

1 Like