For when I’m alone I work best.
Others may not understand me,
But this is who I shall be,
This is the life I feel most free.
Most only see black and white,
But I see things in a different light,
For I am the albino crow,
And where the others fly I cannot go.

Just a small poem I wrote some time ago out of random inspiration, I am quite happy with the result. There wasn’t much of a deep meaning when I first started writing it, I got the idea after seeing a thing about an albino crow and wondered how they would be treated among other crows, I guess the words formed themselves from there.

21 Likes

You sir, are amazing. This is absolutely great.

1 Like

I always enjoy poetry. This was astoundingly well-written. And I love how you found a picture for it, too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As a fellow poet, I want to say this is amazing and I would be astounded if I could write anything half as good. (Especially considering I rush mine and only spend 10-15 minutes on them)

1 Like

nice poem Oc

1 Like

@Pot8o

Thanks so much, guys! I really appreciate it! :smile:

[quote=“Chronicler, post:3, topic:21610”]
I love how you found a picture for it, too. :smile:
[/quote]Yeah, I like having images to go along with my stuff, almost like a cover of a book. This was just some random image I pulled off of Google Images.
I would have liked to have used a picture I took myself, but unfortunately, I’ve never seen a live albino crow in my life, let alone get a picture of one.

[quote=“TheMoltenKing, post:4, topic:21610”]
As a fellow poet, I want to say this is amazing and I would be astounded if I could write anything half as good.
[/quote]That really means a lot to me, especially since I never practiced or studied poetry myself, it was just sorta something that came to me.

[quote=“TheMoltenKing, post:4, topic:21610”]
(Especially considering I rush mine and only spend 10-15 minutes on them)
[/quote]This one I spent quite a short time on. It was surprisingly short of a time considering how happy I am with the result.

2 Likes

The most practice I do is studying them at school for GCSE (boring). Plus as a poet, I ain’t that great, so don’t take my word for it (some people say I’m quite good, take that with a very large pinch of salt)

Wow.
I really really like this.

1 Like

Can I use this poem for homework? I need to gather some poems online.

1 Like

Thank you!

[quote=“Radiation-7901, post:10, topic:21610, full:true”]
Can I use this poem for homework? I need to gather some poems online.
[/quote]Sure! It’s a big compliment to me that you consider this good enough to use, so thank you!
Of course, I’d appreciate being given credit for it. :smile:

2 Likes

Of course.

I always enjoy good poetry. Nice job.

Thanks, man! :D