The antisocial topic

For those of you who are antisocial irl, post any of your antisocial pains or joys or struggles here.

10 Likes

I thought I was the only one on here who wasnā€™t antisocial Irl.

/s

3 Likes

Yā€™know.

The term ā€˜Antisocialā€™ actually refers to those people going Against the society, so far that they Attack it.

Muggers, robbers, thieves and assassins are some examples of Antisocial behaviour.

Now, ā€˜Asocialā€™ people are those who avoid interactions with society and such.

/rant

10 Likes

Well. Guess Iā€™ve been an assassin the whole time and never even knew. Seriously though. Thanks for clarifying that.

6 Likes

No problem

Finally! Youā€™ve made a topic about me! /s

Anyways, the pros: Iā€™m really not good at talking to people, so it helps me avoid awkward conversations. And when people reach out to talk to me, then you can tell who the nice people you want to befriend are.
The cons: Loneliness, and the awkward feeling of being alone.

3 Likes

I was feeling very, very asocial last night, after socially overexerting myself even after having some warning signs.

1 Like

If this is antisocial, why is there a discussion about it? Discussing is social.

7 Likes

Because I consider discussing things on a message board a qualitatively different experience - an easier one - than face-to-face interaction.

3 Likes

I used to be very, very antisocial [quote=ā€œKan, post:3, topic:25065ā€]
Asocial,
[/quote]

But Iā€™ve really tried to become more outgoing, and it feels much better. I now have very little trouble interacting with people I hardly know.

What Iā€™ve learned: people donā€™t hate you nearly as much as you think they do XD.

The real asocial people will not respond.

4 Likes

I consider myself fairly asocial, depending on who Iā€™m familiar with.

But then I always wonder what would happen if I was at a convention or something and I did a meet up with some of my internet friendsā€¦that would be incredibly awkwardā€¦

Then again, I doubt that would even happen. Rip.

2 Likes

This is basically me when I was younger.

Of course Iā€™m way more social now.

7 Likes

social+me do NOT mix

4 Likes

If I was really Antisocial
you would have never knew me

2 Likes

Iā€™m that kid who would sit in the corner and read comic books while the the other kids would play basketball.

8 Likes

Am I the only person here who talks to people if he can?
If I know the person, and have a topic of discussion, I do enjoy conversation/social interaction.
Of course, if Iā€™m at a party with no friends of mine, I have a problemā€¦

4 Likes
4 Likes

I have seen the heart of darkness.

3 Likes